Established NYC based General Contractor is seeking a highly motivated Field Operations Coordinator to assist with operations functions of the firm to support its growing business. The qualified candidate should be flexible, able to multi-task in a fast-paced team environment where deadlines are key.
The Field Operations Coordinator role serves as a vital function in the growth of Mass Contracting Corp. As you will be responsible for accurately manage all day-to-day aspects associated with a project. A challenging position that requires fine attention to detail; the candidate must demonstrate the ability to work well under pressure, especially when facing project deadlines.
As an employee of Mass Contracting, you’ll work collaboratively, as part of a team, on building proposals, comparing subcontractor costs, and developing strong subcontractor relationships. This is a highly visible position with clear exposure to senior leadership and unique mentorship opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain client relationships throughout the project life cycle; ensuring client satisfaction with the project
- Analyze completed projects to compare estimated costs to actual costs and determine the reason for any discrepancies.
- Effectively applies company’s methodology, best practices, and enforces such standards
- Identifies resources needed and assigns responsibilities to subcontractors
- Manages day to day operational aspects of a project and scope of work including submittals, RFIs and working with site supervisor to supervise subcontractors
- Reviews deliverables prepared with team
- Make sure all subcontractors are in compliance with all project procedures, safety requirement, and work rules
- Ensure that estimates comply with the requirements of the overall construction contract and are consistent with corporate guidelines
- Assist in the creation of logistics plans and accurately translate them to direct project costs
QUALIFICATIONS / BASIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Four-year degree and/or relevant experience in Operations, Cost Management, and/or Finance/Accounting functions
- Experience in operations, or accounting/finance is a plus
- Thorough knowledge of Excel is required
- Proficient with accounting software (Quick Books) and solid administration skills
- Capable of working with tight deadlines and excellent time management skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook), On Screen Take-Off (preferred not required), Procore (a plus), and Any Innovative Estimating Platforms (a plus).
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Must demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position: analytical; problem solving; planning/organizing; dependability; negotiating, team building.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure of deadlines and meet them