McKesson requires new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as defined by the CDC, subject to applicable, verified accommodation requests.
McKesson Medical-Surgical is seeking an Inside Sales Associate to begin our Field Sales Development Program training on January 10, 2022! We are hiring in multiple locations where the ideal candidates will reside in one of the following locations: Utah, Nevada, Missouri, Washington, Oregon, Tampa, Miami, North Carolina, South Carolina, Vermont, Boston, New Jersey, California, Tennessee, Indiana, Kentucky, Dallas/Fort Worth, Houston.
This position is a participant in the Field Sales Development Program. This program is intended to move successful participants through the Inside Sales role to an Account Executive role in Field Sales within 15 months. While working with the Inside Sales team, you are responsible for the sale of the organization’s products in a specified region or major geographical area/market, initially via phone. As competence is demonstrated, you will begin to visit local customers onsite. Expectations include growing an assigned account territory above base sales activity in order to maximize revenue from each assigned account and reactivating assigned accounts and prospecting for new business. Success in this role requires completion of checkpoint certifications, sales performance measurements, and demonstrable sales skills. Initially this position will work remotely from home, however relocation may be required once the successful candidate applies for and is offered a field sales territory.
- Achieve territory sales and gross profit plans. Develops and increases sales revenue and GP$ to meet assigned targets; closing the sale and uncovering new business opportunities within the assigned territory. Cultivate new leads within the sales territory. Manage multiple accounts at the same time. Maintain SFDC records of all sales leads and customer accounts. Represent McKesson Brand during all customer and prospect interactions. Creates and reports an active funnel.
- Builds and maintains strong customer relationships, gaining new customers and retaining existing customers. Position requires a minimum of 3+ hours and 40 calls daily, on the telephone conducting customer sales presentations. (Referral to customer service or online web ordering is also highly recommended to maximize communication time with the customer base.) This metric will shift once the rep begins to visit customers in the field.
- Territory and sales management: Develops account strategies, territory planning and administrative follow-up to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction is maintained. Utilize all sales technology and CRM software to effectively engage with clients and manage a sales territory. When permitted, conduct in person field sales calls and ride-alongs with a manager or member of the training team.
- Attend and participate in both Inside Sales Manager and local Area Sales Manager team calls and scheduled check-in meetings.
- Enhance selling skills through structured education, in-services, and development initiatives, including self-study. Completes all required training & certifications. This work will be more robust at the beginning of the program.
Benefits and Perks
Working for McKesson as an Inside Sales Associate comes with a robust menu of benefits and perks to fit all needs. In addition to a base pay and performance-based incentives, you can expect things such as a full suite of health, dental and vision plan options; 16 days of PTO; 12 paid holidays; Company-matched 401K; Parental leave for Moms and Dads; Wellness resources and rewards; Classroom and on-the-job training to help you operate at your best; Career growth opportunities; Commuter benefits plans and so much more!
- Typically, minimum 0-2 years of relevant experience. May have degree or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license and clear driving record
- Flexibility to relocate
- 0 – 2 years or business experience in a sales environment
- Excellent communications skills (verbal, written and presentation)
- Aggressive self-starter with a passion for sales and the demonstrated ability to present ideas, gain acceptance and build strong relationships
- Strong interpersonal skills and team orientation with the ability to work comfortably within all levels of the organization
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management system (SFDC, Goldmine, ACT, etc.), a plus
- Demonstrated Microsoft Office proficiency with business applications – Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook
- Experience with cold calling, negotiation and closing skills
- Previous experience in healthcare industry, specifically, primary care, podiatry, orthopedic or EMS – a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field preferred
- Traditional office environment
- Travel to customer locations, increasing over time in role
- Large percent of time performing computer based work is required
Must be authorized to work in the US. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.