Careers That Change Lives
Bring your talents to a Global leader in medical technology and healthcare solutions. Collaborate on Innovative healthcare solutions that improve the lives and health of millions of people each year.
Medtronic is seeking IT summer interns to work in Innovation and Intelligence, Global Application Services, Global User Services, Infrastructure and Operations, Business Functions, Management Operations, and the Global Security Office. As a Global IT Medtronic Intern, you will participate in a high energy, fast-paced, hands-on, and diverse internship program. Interns will be assigned a mentor and get exclusive exposure to IT executive leadership with an opportunity to showcase their ideas and innovations. Successful summer interns will be offered full-time IT Associate positions in the IT Early Career Development Rotational two-year program sponsored by the CIO, complete with advancement opportunities.
A Day in the Life
We’re looking for bold thinkers to help us push the boundaries of medical technology who are highly collaborative with excellent communication, leadership, and strategic-thinking skills. Bright, flexible, and results-oriented, with a high degree of humility.
- Develop digital healthcare and virtual reality platforms that help patients, doctors and hospital networks collaborate.
- Use human centered design principles to improve system usability for our 90,000 employees and millions of customers worldwide.
- Leverage data analytics and statistical methods to develop business centric insights to support decision making.
- Identify and recommend new ways to save money and time by streamlining business processes, applications and systems.
- Assess IT security risk and identify meaningful solutions to mitigate.
To be considered for a summer 2022 IT internship, you must meet the following basic requirements. How you meet these criteria must be clearly indicated on your resume to be considered for a position.
- Bachelor’s degree student with a sophomore or junior level class standing
- Working towards a bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems, Business Information Systems or a related information systems major
- A minimum 3.0 out of a 4.0 cumulative GPA
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis and does not require sponsorship in the future for an employment visa
- Participants must be able to participate full time (40 hours/week) as part of our intern cohort:
- Monday, June 6 – Friday, August 19
- Positions will be based in the Twin Cities, MN area or Northridge, CA
Nice to Haves:
- Knowledge of one or more of the following technologies: Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft SharePoint Online, Microsoft PowerBI, ServiceNow, AWS Programming Languages, SQL, Python.
- Experience in human centered design, end user experience, dashboarding and reporting.
- Prior experience in healthcare technology field.
- Prior work on projects in a team environment
- Relevant academic projects and/or internship experience helpful
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations – but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements:
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer and communicate with peers and co-workers.