The Sourcing Intern and will act as the primary commercial contact for product and services sourcing within the Facebook supply base while developing new sources of supply as required. Sourcing activities will include, but not be limited to, identification of product and service availability and options, developing and leading negotiation and sourcing strategies, partnering with Facebook project, engineering and technology teams to develop a business and technology roadmap in support of Facebook’s infrastructure goals and objectives, and driving strategic sourcing decisions on a global basis.
Working closely with the Engineering Teams, the Sourcing Intern will be engaged in the commercial, prototype sourcing and development in support of new product development and introduction, and deployment of selected solutions and technologies. May drive supplier management with particular emphasis in the areas of sourcing, contracts, negotiation, joint development models and assist in the development of global commodity and supply chain strategies that enable Facebook to meet time-to-development/time-to-production goals, while managing the total landed cost.Sourcing Intern, ASIC, Memory & Storage, and Custom Products
- Analyze the overall supply chain to identify risk and drive resolution to systemic supply chain issues affecting quality, cost, delivery or lead-times.
- Engage in the contract negotiation process with internal partners and suppliers.
- Assist in developing negotiation strategy and approach, acceptable terms and conditions and lead the Facebook negotiation team through to closure.
- RF-x Services: Own the interface to and lead engagement with suppliers for all RFI, RFP and RFQ activities.
- Where required, provide should cost and/or market and actual unit and total cost data which feeds into total cost of ownership (TCO) models.
- Lead measuring supplier performance, root cause issues, and driving improved performance. Drive multiple aspects of supplier performance.
- Depending on the project, ensure appropriate levels of strategy, definition and development to the supply chain (physical, financial and information flows) in the areas of design, source and have been implemented to support released products.
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Supply Chain Management or equivalent.
- Experience in Sourcing Management or Supply Chain Management for commercial sourcing roles.
- Experience in contracts and contract negotiations, and contract strategy development and execution or similar.
- Experience working and demonstrated experience influencing stakeholders and business partners or similar.
- Demonstrated experience in improving supply chain and supplier performance, including the use of cost models and objective based performance measures.
- Must obtain work authorization in the country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment.
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a Masters in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Supply Chain Management or equivalent or Masters in Business Administration (MBA).
- Intent to return to degree-program after the completion of the internship/co-op.