Mr. Cooper ‘s summer internship program offers college students the chance to discover what it’s like to work at a leading financial services organization. Our interns deliver innovative solutions to real business challenges and build enduring relationships with their manager and an assigned mentor. While gaining insight into the industry, interns are immediately part of Mr. Cooper Group’s collaborative culture. Spend your summer at Mr. Cooper and gain a career where you can make a difference! Our summer internship program begins in June 2022 and ends August 2022.
Mr. Cooper Group prioritizes the health and safety of our associates. In light of COVID-19, we are complying with the CDC guidelines for social distancing. The vast majority of Mr. Cooper Group roles, including this role, have temporarily moved to work at home. When Mr. Cooper Group returns to normal operations, this role may return to the assigned onsite work location or operate on a hybrid model (remote and on-site) dependent on the team.
The Strategic Initiatives Intern will have the opportunity to own a project within a larger corporate initiative and gain project management experience, interaction with senior leadership, and learn about operational support. This is an opportunity to join a team that is unique from traditional project management and offers the opportunity to make direct impactful change to business operations.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Partner with members of the Strategic Initiatives team to manage projects and initiatives to meet a corporate goal
- Tasks include:
- Project management
- Research items pertaining to the task and/or line of business at hand
- Lead meetings related to the project
- Develop presentations on content related to the assignment
- Support multiple lines of businesses in various capacities
- Other duties as assigned
- Be enrolled full-time and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university or have graduated within one year of start date (June 2022)
- Majoring in Business, Project Management, Corporate Relations, Organizational Psychology or related degree
- Strong communication (written and oral) skills
- Candidates must have authorization to work permanently in the US without the need for sponsorship (Currently, our organization is unable to support candidates that are on OPT, CPT or candidates that will need sponsorship, now or in the future)
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and manage competing priorities
- Strong analytical reasoning and problem-solving skills with a continuous improvement mindset