Mr. Cooper’s summer internship program offers college students the chance to discover what it’s like to work at a leading financial services organization. Our interns deliver innovative solutions to real business challenges and build enduring relationships with their manager and an assigned mentor. While gaining insight into the industry, interns are immediately part of Mr. Cooper’s collaborative culture. Spend your summer at Mr. Cooper and gain a career where you can make a difference! Our summer internship program begins in June 2022 and ends August 2022.
Mr. Cooper Group prioritizes the health and safety of our associates. In light of COVID-19, we are complying with the CDC guidelines for social distancing. The vast majority of Mr. Cooper Group roles, including this role, have temporarily moved to work at home. When Mr. Cooper Group returns to normal operations, this role may return to the assigned onsite work location or operate on a hybrid model (remote and on-site) dependent on the team.
The DevOps Intern will have the opportunity to work with the latest innovations and technology that currently exists in the industry, especially in the ever-changing DevOps setting. The selected candidate will be assigned the responsibility for managing and improving CI/CD pipelines including automating testing and embedding best security practices. The intern will work in a real life, hands-on setting allowing for practical use of knowledge and implementation into everyday processes.
The intern will work with production operations in various settings, ranging from deploying applications with the latest technology, to managing various DevOps platforms such as Kubernetes and Cloud PaaS. The main focus of this internship will be to increase the value DevOps provides our customers (i.e., developers) and to improve our time to resolution by auditing and enhancing our monitoring tools. In addition, the intern will work closely with developers to migrate applications from on-prem infrastructure to the Cloud including migration of all dependencies such as PaaS offerings. Finally, the intern would be responsible for identifying and subsequently automating a manual process of benefit to the organization. At the end of the internship, the intern will create a presentation that summarizes the automation process created, along with a new technology that Mr. Cooper can adapt into day-to-day operations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop tools and processes to support our software development teams
- Build, deploy, and test applications
- Maintain services by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health
- Work with other members of the DevOps team to migrate on-prem applications into the Cloud
- Research and experiment with new technologies that can improve day to day operations
- Be enrolled full-time and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university or have graduated within one year of start date (June 2022)
- Be majoring in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or related degree
- Minimum of 1 year of programming knowledge
- Have 1-2 years of experience working with Windows/Linux
- Candidates must have authorization to work permanently in the US without the need for sponsorship (Currently, our organization is unable to support candidates that are on OPT, CPT or candidates that will need sponsorship, now or in the future)
- Desire to learn and take on new challenges
- Demonstrated organizational and communication skills