Mr. Cooper’s summer internship program offers college students the chance to discover what it’s like to work at a leading financial services organization. Our interns deliver innovative solutions to real business challenges and build enduring relationships with their manager and an assigned mentor. While gaining insight into the industry, interns are immediately part of Mr. Cooper’s collaborative culture. Spend your summer at Mr. Cooper and gain a career where you can make a difference! Our summer internship program begins in June 2022 and ends August 2022.
Mr. Cooper Group prioritizes the health and safety of our associates. In light of COVID-19, we are complying with the CDC guidelines for social distancing. The vast majority of Mr. Cooper Group roles, including this role, have temporarily moved to work at home. When Mr. Cooper Group returns to normal operations, this role may return to the assigned onsite work location or operate on a hybrid model (remote and on-site) dependent on the team.
This role will work in a close-knit, team environment and have the opportunity to cross collaborate with individuals across the country. This opportunity is a great introduction to the day-to-day experience of a Technical Writer and will be an invaluable experience for someone looking to pursue a career in the field.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Create, update, and edit various types of documentation from procedures to job aids to announcements
- Conduct interviews with various users and staff to gather necessary information to update and /or create documentation
- Assist with projects related to the Policy Office
- Create and present PowerPoints related to the Policy Office
- Shadow all areas of the Policy Office
- Be enrolled full-time and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university or have graduated within one year of start date (June 2022)
- Be majoring in Technical Communications, English, Journalism, Creative Writing, or other relevant major with focus on writing
- Must be interested in pursuing a technical writing career
- Must provide 2 original writing samples related to technical documentation/procedure (i.e. How-to documents, etc.)
- Familiar with the Chicago Manual of Style
- Candidates must have authorization to work permanently in the US without the need for sponsorship (Currently, our organization is unable to support candidates that are on OPT, CPT or candidates that will need sponsorship, now or in the future)
- Self-starter with excellent organizational and communication skills
- Highly organized with superior attention to detail and a commitment to delivering clear and precise work