Mr. Cooper’s summer internship program offers college students the chance to discover what it’s like to work at a leading financial services organization. Our interns deliver innovative solutions to real business challenges and build enduring relationships with their manager and an assigned mentor. While gaining insight into the industry, interns are immediately part of Mr. Cooper’s collaborative culture. Spend your summer at Mr. Cooper and gain a career where you can make a difference! Our summer internship program begins in June 2022 and ends August 2022.
Mr. Cooper Group prioritizes the health and safety of our associates. In light of COVID-19, we are complying with the CDC guidelines for social distancing. The vast majority of Mr. Cooper Group roles, including this role, have temporarily moved to work at home. When Mr. Cooper Group returns to normal operations, this role may return to the assigned onsite work location or operate on a hybrid model (remote and on-site) dependent on the team.
The Data Intern will have the opportunity to work with the latest innovations and technology that currently exists in the industry. The selected candidate will work in a real life, hands-on setting allowing for practical use of knowledge and implementation into everyday processes.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Pair with team members on analysis of the business requirements to identify the data entities, data integration points, data transformation and reporting needs
- Pair with team members on designing, developing and testing SQL queries
- Pair with team members on designing, developing and testing Reports using BI tools
- Participate in daily scrum meetings and periodic team meetings
- Participate in various team ceremonies such as tech alliance, development huddle, Iteration Planning Meetings, Product Retros, Tech Retros
- Be enrolled full-time and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university or have graduated within one year of start date (June 2022)
- Be majoring in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or related degree
- Hands-on experience with SQL and one or more of the following programming languages – Python, Java, or C#
- Candidates must have authorization to work permanently in the US without the need for sponsorship (Currently, our organization is unable to support candidates that are on OPT, CPT or candidates that will need sponsorship, now or in the future)
- Desire to learn and take on new challenges
- Experience with JSON
- Experience with BI tools (i.e. Power BI, etc.)