Mr. Cooper’s summer internship program offers college students the chance to discover what it’s like to work at a leading financial services organization. Our interns deliver innovative solutions to real business challenges and build enduring relationships with their manager and an assigned mentor. While gaining insight into the industry, interns are immediately part of Mr. Cooper’s collaborative culture. Spend your summer at Mr. Cooper and gain a career where you can make a difference! Our summer internship program begins in June 2022 and ends August 2022.
Mr. Cooper Group prioritizes the health and safety of our associates. In light of COVID-19, we are complying with the CDC guidelines for social distancing. The vast majority of Mr. Cooper Group roles, including this role, have temporarily moved to work at home. When Mr. Cooper Group returns to normal operations, this role may return to the assigned onsite work location or operate on a hybrid model (remote and on-site) dependent on the team.
The Accounting Intern will gain experience with the SOX internal control process and provide the successful candidate with a great introduction to Mr. Cooper Group. This is a great opportunity to participate in technical accounting matters and provide support for resolutions and gain insight and visibility to various departments and groups within the organization.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Communicate with various departments on SOX and accounting issues
- Perform technical accounting research and documentation
- Assist with quarter-end tasks and procedures
- Assist with processing SOX related control changes
- Process comments on quarter-end certifications
- Other duties as assigned
- Be enrolled full-time and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university or have graduated within one year of start date (June 2022)
- Be majoring in Accounting
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Possess an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or higher
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to work, learn, and grow either through work history, previous internships, or involvement in school organizations
- Candidates must have authorization to work permanently in the US without the need for sponsorship (Currently, our organization is unable to support candidates that are on OPT, CPT or candidates that will need sponsorship, now or in the future)
- Demonstrated organizational and communication skills
- Highly organized with superior attention to detail and a commitment to delivering clear and precise work
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines