Mr. Cooper’s summer internship program offers college students the chance to discover what it’s like to work at a leading financial services organization. Our interns deliver innovative solutions to real business challenges and build enduring relationships with their manager and an assigned mentor. While gaining insight into the industry, interns are immediately part of Mr. Cooper’s collaborative culture. Spend your summer at Mr. Cooper and gain a career where you can make a difference! Our summer internship program begins in June 2022 and ends August 2022.
Mr. Cooper Group prioritizes the health and safety of our associates. In light of COVID-19, we are complying with the CDC guidelines for social distancing. The vast majority of Mr. Cooper Group roles, including this role, have temporarily moved to work at home. When Mr. Cooper Group returns to normal operations, this role may return to the assigned onsite work location or operate on a hybrid model (remote and on-site) dependent on the team.
The Business Continuity Management team partners with all lines of business within the organization. The Business Continuity Intern will have the opportunity to network with all levels of leadership and gain exposure to risk, compliance and audit-related deliverables. This is a great opportunity to work with the BCM team and various business units on business continuity plans. The successful candidate will gain hands-on experience with emergency notification and resilience tools, Site Response Team maintenance, participate in ad hoc projects, and more!
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist in maintenance of Clearview, Everbridge, MS Teams, and other systems used by Business Continuity Management
- Record and track incidents
- Review and update policies, procedures, standards and controls
- Pull and analyze reports from Clearview and communicate with necessary persons to rectify any issue
- Work with Business Continuity Management and Business Units on Business Continuity Plans – planning, executing and documenting Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery exercises
- Be engaged in the reviews of key vendors
- Be an active participant in all BCM meetings, and as well, other cultural awareness activities at Mr. Cooper
- Work with Business Continuity Management and Business Units to ensure recovery solutions exist for critical vendors.
- Support any training and awareness planning and activities
- Other duties as assigned
- Be enrolled full-time and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university or have graduated within one year of start date (June 2022)
- Be majoring in Business Management, Crisis Management, Security, or related degree
- Proficient in Excel (PivotTables, Formulas, etc.) and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel)
- Possess an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or higher
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Candidates must have authorization to work permanently in the US without the need for sponsorship (Currently, our organization is unable to support candidates that are on OPT, CPT or candidates that will need sponsorship, now or in the future)
- Excellent organization and interpersonal skills
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Strong analytical reasoning and problem-solving skills with a continuous improvement mindset