Mr. Cooper Group’s summer internship program offers college students the chance to discover what it’s like to work at a leading financial services organization. Our interns deliver innovative solutions to real business challenges and build enduring relationships with their manager and an assigned mentor. While gaining insight into the industry, interns are immediately part of Mr. Cooper Group’s collaborative culture. Spend your summer at Mr. Cooper and gain a career where you can make a difference! Our summer internship program begins in June 2022 and ends August 2022.
Mr. Cooper Group prioritizes the health and safety of our associates. In light of COVID-19, we are complying with the CDC guidelines for social distancing. The vast majority of Mr. Cooper Group roles, including this role, have temporarily moved to work at home. When Mr. Cooper Group returns to normal operations, this role may return to the assigned onsite work location or operate on a hybrid model (remote and on-site) dependent on the team.
The Xome Data Quality Analyst Intern will have the opportunity to gain front-line experience and exposure to leading and emerging technologies. The selected candidate will directly engage with data architects, engineers and product designers in solving real-world problems a wide range of technical topics.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Designing and applying technology architecture, solutions and software to capture, manage, store and utilize large data sets from a variety of sources
- Creating data collection frameworks for structured and unstructured data
- Developing and maintaining infrastructure systems including data warehousing and online transactional processing
- Provides support to end users of data and interacts directly on the identification and resolution of quality-related issues
- Identifies, researches, and implements data quality solutions
- Performs data-related market research and analysis
- Be enrolled full-time and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university or have graduated within one year of start date (June 2022)
- Majoring in Data Science, Data Engineering, Computer Science, or related technology-related degree
- Knowledge of Google Cloud Platform and/or Microsoft Azure
- Strong interpersonal communications (written and oral) skills
- Candidates must have authorization to work permanently in the US without the need for sponsorship (Currently, our organization is unable to support candidates that are on OPT, CPT or candidates that will need sponsorship, now or in the future)
- Experience in Python, SQL/SparkSQL, and/or AI Framework Software (i.e. AutoML,Tensorflow, MLflow)
- Tools experience with MongoDB Atlas/noSQL Database, and/or DataBricks
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage competing priorities
- Ability and desire to work independently in identifying and resolving data quality related issues