Mr. Cooper’s summer internship program offers college students the chance to discover what it’s like to work at a leading financial services organization. Our interns deliver innovative solutions to real business challenges and build enduring relationships with their manager and an assigned mentor. While gaining insight into the industry, interns are immediately part of Mr. Cooper’s collaborative culture. Spend your summer at Mr. Cooper and gain a career where you can make a difference! Our summer internship program begins in June 2022 and ends August 2022.
Mr. Cooper Group prioritizes the health and safety of our associates. In light of COVID-19, we are complying with the CDC guidelines for social distancing. The vast majority of Mr. Cooper Group roles, including this role, have temporarily moved to work at home. When Mr. Cooper Group returns to normal operations, this role may return to the assigned onsite work location or operate on a hybrid model (remote and on-site) dependent on the team.
Procurement is a key contributor to company growth as we are responsible for optimizing costs and delivering monetary savings to the business. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to participate in a program which supports many business channels (IT, Servicing, Originations / Lending, Finance, Legal, Corporate) that allows the intern to be exposed to multiple people and processes of the company. The intern will be offered the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects ranging from analytics to hands-on production (contract drafting, issuing purchase orders).
The Procurement Analyst Intern will work with each category manager to ensure contracts are being executed in a timely manner, as well as assisting in identifying potential cost savings opportunities for each category.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Analyst will support the Procurement function while learning the basics of goods & services purchasing, supplier negotiations, contract management and execution and budgetary impacts of third party spend. Duties to include:
- Run Financial analysis for supplier spend
- Prepare Executive reporting
- Complete Special Projects – review expiring requests, inactivating expired contracts, take action on depleted purchase orders (increase spend or terminate) Manage contract repository and system of record
- Research and respond to Audit / Compliance requests Create training documents & workflows
- Update contract templates as required by Legal, Risk, Compliance, etc.
- Process low complexity requests (change orders, amendments, order forms, etc.)
- Be enrolled full-time and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university or have graduated within one year of internship start (June 2022)
- Be majoring in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, or related business degree
- Must have an advanced understanding of Excel (PivotTables, Formulas, etc.)
- Must have already completed an entry finance, accounting, economics, or statistics course
- Candidates must have authorization to work permanently in the US without the need for sponsorship (Currently, our organization is unable to support candidates that are on OPT, CPT or candidates that will need sponsorship, now or in the future)
- Previous internship experience
- Demonstrated organizational and communication skills
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage competing priorities