Mr. Cooper’s summer internship program offers college students the chance to discover what it’s like to work at a leading financial services organization. Our interns deliver innovative solutions to real business challenges and build enduring relationships with their manager and an assigned mentor. While gaining insight into the industry, interns are immediately part of Mr. Cooper’s collaborative culture. Spend your summer at Mr. Cooper and gain a career where you can make a difference! Our summer internship program begins in June 2022 and ends August 2022.
The Workforce Analyst Intern will have the opportunity to gain real-world experience in a command center department that controls the scheduling and planning for ~2 two thousand agents. The successful candidate will join a small team with a large degree of experience on average where every member will take part in mentoring and training the intern.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop understanding of Workforce Management
- Exposure to capacity planning, forecasting, and scheduling
- Generate schedules for staff based on re-forecasted volume and workload to ensure adequate staffing to meet service level goals
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with all leadership levels
- Proactively monitor associate calling behaviors, efficiency, and availability and report deficiencies to operations team in real-time
- Re-Forecast interval and daily transaction volumes (inbound, outbound), handle times and other production metrics by group and report on actual vs. forecasted volume.
- Make recommendations and help set priorities when planning and scheduling off phone activities
- Establish and maintain communication channels to ensure scheduling and resources are met
- Monitor queue and track inbound calls and other intraday reports
- Responsible for analyzing and administering schedule optimizations and approving and administering real time exceptions
- Actively scan for and pursue new techniques, industry practices, learning opportunities, tools and process improvement opportunities
- Process schedule event activities and adherence exceptions
- Produce reports from the workforce management system as requested
- Monitor agent schedule adherence, talk time and after call work time and give recommendations for improvement
- Enrolled full-time and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university or have graduated within one year of start date (June 2022)
- Majoring in Business, Math, Statistics, Data Analytics, Communications or related degree
- Exposure to SQL, Access, and/or Excel (i.e. PivotTables)
- Candidates must have authorization to work permanently in the US without the need for sponsorship (Currently, our organization is unable to support candidates that are on OPT, CPT or candidates that will need sponsorship, now or in the future)
- Highly organized with superior attention to detail and a commitment to delivering clear and precise work
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and professionally
- Strong analytical reasoning and problem-solving skills with a continuous improvement mindset