Mr. Cooper ‘s summer internship program offers college students the chance to discover what it’s like to work at a leading financial services organization. Our interns deliver innovative solutions to real business challenges and build enduring relationships with their manager and an assigned mentor. While gaining insight into the industry, interns are immediately part of Mr. Cooper Group’s collaborative culture. Spend your summer at Mr. Cooper and gain a career where you can make a difference! Our summer internship program begins in June 2022 and ends August 2022.
The Operations Support Specialist Intern will have the opportunity to learn the full scope of Mr. Cooper’s onboarding and learning phase of a new hire to the customer care department. The selected candidate will learn skills that build a lasting foundation that is needed to have a career in the mortgage business. This is a chance to gain exposure to Mr. Cooper’s culture, learn how a mortgage works for the customer, and build business relationships and develop your career through effective training, communication, and teamwork.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist with new hire learning (onboarding, training, etc.)
- Responsible for the support functions necessary to drive system and/or process enhancements for the customer operations team
- Serve as an approachable source of knowledge and experience to tram members to help drive process effectiveness and improvement
- Collaborate with appropriate business departments to ensure all enhancement details are gathered and documented
- Other duties as assigned
- Be enrolled full-time and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university or have graduated within one year of start date (June 2022)
- Majoring in Business, Communications or related degree
- 1-2 years of customer service experience
- Strong communication (written and oral) skills
- Candidates must have authorization to work permanently in the US without the need for sponsorship (Currently, our organization is unable to support candidates that are on OPT, CPT or candidates that will need sponsorship, now or in the future)
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Strong analytical reasoning and problem-solving skills with a continuous improvement mindset