Ready to be a Cooper too? This might just be right up your alley!
We’re here to keep the dream of home ownership alive. Oh, and while we’re at it, we’re determined to change the lending industry itself. It’s simple, but it won’t be easy. And we’ll need a great team behind us. (That’s where you come in.) We want to show the world that transparency, candor and collaboration aren’t just good values. They’re good business. Working here isn’t for people who want to punch a clock. It’s for people who want to punch a hole in the status quo. Come join us. And make a difference instead of just a living.
Mr. Cooper’s summer internship program offers college students the chance to discover what it’s like to work at a leading financial services organization. Our interns deliver innovative solutions to real business challenges and build enduring relationships with their manager and an assigned mentor. While gaining insight into the industry, interns are immediately part of Mr. Cooper’s collaborative culture. Spend your summer at Mr. Cooper and gain a career where you can make a difference!
The Correspondent Lending division deals with business-to-business transactions involving acquiring and selling of mortgage loans and loan packages. The Correspondent Analyst Intern will partner with the business, Capital Markets, and Finance supporting customer acquisition. The successful candidate will have access to senior leaders from multiple businesses alongside dedicated support and mentorship.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Under the guidance of leaders within the Correspondent Lending division, the student will rapidly gain knowledge of this critical business arm of Mr. Cooper. The student will learn how to collaborate with division team members and clients in a highly professional environment. Students will undergo training catered to their specific needs and interests to develop the technical, communication and leadership skills necessary for a successful career. Dependent on the interest of the successful candidate, areas of focus could include:
- Capital Markets
- Business-to-business sales
- General correspondent lending operations
- Mortgage underwriting/risk analysis
- Corporate training
- Organizational development
- Vendor management
- Be enrolled full-time and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university or have graduated within one year of start date (June 2022)
- Be majoring in Finance, Business Management, Marketing, Accounting, or related degree
- Must be proficient MS Office products – Excel, Word, PowerPoint (Formulas, PivotTables, etc.)
- Candidates must have authorization to work permanently in the US without the need for sponsorship (Currently, our organization is unable to support candidates that are on OPT, CPT or candidates that will need sponsorship, now or in the future)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills