Internship in Arizona State Government State Procurement Office, Department of Administration with focus in Procurement, Sourcing, & Compliance
The work of the State is remarkably important, and the Governor’s Vision for Arizona to be the number one state challenges us to do this work well and with purpose. The Arizona State Procurement Office is looking for motivated students that want to serve the citizens of Arizona and strive to fulfill this Vision.
The State Procurement Office (SPO), with its enterprise sourcing and procurement operations, establishes contracts critical to the delivery of services to state agencies, Co-Operative members, and their respective constituents. Additionally, SPO establishes and promotes policies and practices that assure integrity, transparency, and competitiveness for better results.
As a SPO Procurement Intern, you will become part of a team that is embracing opportunities for improvement while actively identifying ways to better serve our customers. This position will provide a unique view into the sourcing/procurement needs and processes of numerous areas across the state.
● Teaming with experienced contract managers to assure that the procurement strategy is aligned with the agency’s program needs
● Sourcing Optimization – research state policy and procedures and verify compliance is evident within the procurement execution steps
● Shadow procurement leads to see the inside of an enterprise or agency RFP process (including assisting in the development and execution of negotiation and proposal process)
Required Skills and Knowledge
● Ability to effectively and efficiently interview subject matter experts at multiple reporting levels
● Ability to identify problems and break down complex processes into logical components
● Ability to take information from multiple sources and create initial and ongoing reports
● Ability to consistently interact/communicate professionally at all associate levels and encourage team cooperation without sacrificing independent thoughts and contributions
● Ability to plan, organize and prioritize projects and tasks into personal weekly and monthly plans
● Ability to work with data and resulting reports (including identifying and analyzing complex data)
● Work Location: Primarily remote-based
● Hourly wage: $16/hour
● Hours/week: up to 40 hours during summer and winter breaks, 20-30 hours during school year (minimum 16 hours/week)
● Estimated Start Date: May/June 2021
● Estimated Completion Date: TBD by successful candidate (most interns stay for 1 year or more)