The Portfolio Mgmt Analyst supports the Commercial Field Product team by delivering data driven insights and solutions by analyzing data and performing root cause analysis across the Commercial Lines value chain, providing a competitive advantage to grow profitably, achieve long-term stability, and be a carrier of choice for businesses. We provide these solutions by enabling aligned data-driven decisions, delivering objective analysis, and influencing business strategy.
A day in the life of a Portfolio Intern might include:
● Product data and trend analysis
● Running reports and conducting competitive analysis
● Project support and work with automation and CLT integration
● Analyzing large data sets to make or influence strategic business decisions with guidance.
● Completing tasks involving data science, business reports, and ad hoc analysis
● Retrieving data from internal and external sources and data files in order to keep databases current and usable.
A successful Analyst, Portfolio Management Intern at Nationwide has:
● Undergraduate studies in Data Analytics, Statistics, Engineering, Math, Insurance, Actuarial Science, Information Systems, Business Management, or a related field of study
● Completion of sophomore or junior year is preferred
● Involvement in student activities and/or some work experience
● 3.0 GPA or higher is desired
● Effective verbal and written communication skills to interact with internal and external contacts
● Working knowledge of Excel and/or Tableau
● Ability to code using SAS, SQL, R, or Python
● Natural curiosity and ability to ask probing questions
● Knowledge of statistical analysis
● Ability to excel in a dynamic, changing and sometimes ambiguous environment
● Ability to work independently and collaborate in a team environment
● Natural curiosity to explore and question
● Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint; SQL or Tableau is preferred
What’s in it for you
● Opportunity to participate in intern events
● Analysis experience
● Formal presentation experience
● Exposure to multiple business areas of a complex, multi-billion dollar organization
● Professional development and mentoring opportunities within data management, data analysis, and business consulting disciplines.
Nationwide is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone feels challenged, appreciated, respected and engaged. Nationwide prohibits discrimination and harassment and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to any characteristic (or classification) protected by applicable law.