As a team member in the Finance and Internal Audit department at Nationwide, the opportunities are endless! You can grow and learn in diverse areas across many disciplines such as Advanced Analytics, Investments, Actuarial, Accounting, Risk Management, Critical Business Advisor and so much more. Let Nationwide help create your career journey!
Nationwide Insurance is currently seeking candidates for Technology Automation Intern positions based within our Enterprise Analytics Office. We are dedicated to working with business partners to develop integrated, end-to-end solutions that contribute to the company’s bottom line. As an intern, you’ll have the opportunity to design, develop and deploy solutions while working with real-world data to deliver end-to-end automated data products that deliver a consumable product to business partners. You’ll work with enterprise-class analytic software tools and platforms.
Interested candidates must understand application design, programming principles, and cloud technologies with the ability to code, test, debug, optimize, document, and maintain complex application programs while being competent to work on most phases of development life-cycle with provided instruction and guidance in phases.
Candidates should have a degree in any of the following areas: Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Web Development, and Information Technology.
Required Experience: Candidates should demonstrate hands on experience with the following expectations:
- Programming with multiple programming/scripting languages (Python, Java, R, Shell scripting, Perl)
- Writing and debugging complex SQL queries
- Unix/Linux command-line
- Must be an accomplished self-learner, demonstrating an awareness of technology trends and ability to learn and teach with limited formal training
- Understanding of production support triage and resolution processes and techniques
- Analyzes and resolves moderately complex issues related to application support
- Implement solutions with complex business requirements and systems integrations
- Collaborate, coordinate and communicate across teams
- Prepares detailed specifications, requirements, scope documents and logic flowcharts for the development and implementation of the most complex application programs and modifications
- Application testing to ensure that the provided solution is executable, testable, complete and not ambiguous while meeting all end-user requirements
Nice to have Experience:
- Test Automation Technologies (Ruby).
- Infrastructure solutions (Liberty, Docker, AWS, Azure).
- Version Control (GitHub).
- Previous ETL development experience.
- Experience with AWS Sagemaker.