With Nationwide Internal Audit, you have an opportunity to be part of an innovative, leading practice Internal Audit organization. Focusing on emerging operational and technology risks, we audit what matters most. You can grow and learn across many disciplines, such as advisory services, advanced analytics, project management, and risk management. We offer work-life balance and there’s no dreaded busy season – our work is steady and manageable. And since we’re exposed to the entire business, our team members are always learning, building relationships, and have opportunities to move into a wide variety of other areas across the enterprise. Be something great – and different – with Nationwide Internal Audit!
Fueled by continuous learning and associate empowerment, the Office of Internal Audit is rapidly evolving into an even more impressive industry powerhouse. We inspire collaboration in problem-solving, driving efficiencies and generating new ideas to continuously push innovation in risk management functions. The Office of Internal Audit has six areas of primary focus that provide value-added, business-facing advisory and assurance services across the enterprise. We have opportunities at all levels of our teams:
- Data & Analytics, including continuous auditing and implementing advanced analytics into audit engagements
- Corporate Services, focusing on Nationwide’s corporate functions, such as Finance and Accounting, Investments, and Strategy
- Nationwide Financial Services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement plans, and mutual funds
- Property & Casualty, covering Personal and Commercial Lines insurance and Excess & Surplus
- Information Technology, focusing on the technology supporting Nationwide’s business operations, core infrastructure, and security/IT risk functions
- Strategy & Operations, focusing on digital automation, operational excellence, training and development, quality assurance, policies & procedures, Board and executive reporting, and driving key department strategic initiatives.
We are looking for professionals who are strategic influencers and communicators, with an innovative mindset, and strong critical-thinking and project management skills. Experience with data analytics tools, such as Tableau, Paxata, or R Studio, is desired. While we seek professionals with a wide range of expertise, previous experience in internal/external audit, other risk-management professions, or insurance and financial services industry is preferred.
LOCATION: Columbus, OH; Des Moines, IA; Scottsdale, AZ
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: Various