Are you a genuinely curious person who thrives in a faced-paced, growth-oriented environment? Do you enjoy need-based product positioning where your solutions can improve the financial wellbeing of clients? If you can form lasting relationships, solve challenges with outstanding service and develop and share expertise about financial products and services, we want to know more about you!
As a Territory Consultant, you’ll proactively seek out prospective financial professionals to introduce Nationwide and our products through a consultative selling process. You’ll have the opportunity to develop your sales aptitude and partner with experienced wholesalers to support the business unit sales goals.
- Makes proactive, outbound telephone calls to prospective financial professionals in assigned channel (fee-based or commission based) to build relationships, understand the financial professional’s needs/business and explain Nationwide solutions.
- Finds opportunities for the partner hybrid wholesaler and builds successful transitions.
- Assists with analysis, hypotheticals and any other support materials requested by financial professionals, including annuity comparison analysis, portfolio mapping, fund analysis and Morningstar reports.
- Works with hybrid wholesaler to maintain territory pipelines and other sales management reports.
- Provides full territory coverage when hybrid wholesalers are unavailable.
- Works to develop professionally through sales training, coaching sessions with management and mentorship with Senior Territory Consultants and hybrid wholesalers.
- Satisfactorily achieves scorecard requirements (e.g., call minimums, call quality requirements, product knowledge, development of territory, teamwork and professional development).
- May perform other responsibilities as assigned.
Typical Skills and Experiences:
Education: Undergraduate degree in finance, sales, business, marketing or related fields preferred.
License/Certification/Designation: Successful completion of on-site training class, FINRA SIE, Series 6, Series 63 and State Life/Annuity Insurance Agent licenses 120 days post-hire is required.
Experience: Relevant industry or sales experience preferred.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills: Proven knowledge of insurance products and the sales process preferred. Motivated self-starter with a drive for results, proven independent judgment and decision-making. Ability for relationship building (both internally and externally), positive outlook, consultative selling/advising skills, ability and willingness to follow processes, good time management/organization skills, be receptive to coaching, have a strong customer focus, ability to balance multiple priorities and have sophisticated communication skills including professional presence, listening, rapport building, writing skills and presentation abilities
Other criteria, including leadership skills, competencies and experiences may take precedence.
Staffing exceptions to the above must be approved by the hiring manager’s leader and Human Resources Business Partner.
Values: Regularly and consistently demonstrates the Nationwide Values.