Skip to main nav
- As a member of Nationwide Advisory Service’s sales team, the Territory Consultant will be responsible for sales support of our groundbreaking investment platform. This will involve market research, lead qualification and relationship-building with RIAs and fee-based financial advisors. This is an outstanding career opportunity for an energetic, self-motivated individual looking to start a career in financial services and wealth management.
- The Territory Consultant will proactively seek out prospective financial advisors to introduce the company and our products. Sets up leads for the Territory Manager and creates requested support materials. Maintains pipelines and reports for the territory. Begins to learn the resources necessary for appropriate business partner relationship management, as well as territory management while working to become a Senior Territory Consultant or Territory Manager.
- If you’re passionate about becoming a Nationwide associate and believe you have the potential to be something great, let’s talk.
- Number 54 on the Fortune Magazine 100 Best Places to Work.
- Proactively seeks out prospective financial advisors to introduce the company and our products. Sets up leads for the Territory Manager and creates requested support materials. Maintains pipelines and reports for the territory. Begins to learn the resources necessary for appropriate business partner relationship management, as well as territory management while working to become a Senior Territory Consultant or Territory Manager.
- Makes proactive, outbound calls to prospective fee-based and fee-only financial advisors to introduce Nationwide Advisory Solutions and the products we offer. Identifies selling opportunities for the Territory Managers to whom the Territory Consultant supports.
- Assists with analysis, hypotheticals and any other support materials requested by advisors. This could include annuity comparison analysis, portfolio mapping, fund analysis and Morningstar reports.
- Help maintain territory pipelines and other sales management reports.
- Acts as territory liaison when Territory Managers are unavailable.
- Works to develop professionally through sales training, coaching sessions with management and mentorship with Senior Territory Consultants and Territory Managers.
- Satisfactorily achieves scorecard requirements (e.g. including call minimums, call quality requirements, product knowledge, development of territory, teamwork and professional development).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
TYPICAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES:
Education: Undergraduate degree in finance, sales, business, economics, marketing, communications or related fields preferred.
License/Certification/Designation: Successful completion of onsite training class, FINRA SIE, Series 6, Series 63 and state life license 120 days post hire is required as part of our company-paid training program. NOTE: A credit check may be required if a license is required for this position.
Experience: Relevant industry or sales experience preferred but not required.
Knowledge: Proven knowledge of investment products, insurance and/or the sales process preferred.
Skills/Competencies: Motivated, self-starter, excellent relationship building skills, ability to identify and cultivate new business relationship and follow-through on leads, strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to work effectively within a team.
- Other criteria, including leadership skills, competencies and experiences may take precedence.
- Staffing exceptions to the above must be approved by the hiring manager’s leader and HR Business Partner.
Values: Regularly and consistently demonstrates the Nationwide Values and Guiding Behaviors.