The Aftersales organization at Navistar plays a major role in delivering customer satisfaction by owning all aspects of the customer relationship once a truck has sold. Aftersales provides the support that our customers need to keep their trucks on the road, which is what we call Uptime. The scope of Navistar’s Aftersales ranges from customer support, ensuring the availability of any parts that are required for maintenance or replacement, aligning quality standards for our extensive dealer network across North America and warranty and service contracts. For Navistar, Aftersales plays a crucial role to support the company’s overall profitability and our goal to be #1 in the industry to forge customer relationships that will last beyond the lifespan of a single truck.
- Application Start Date: August 18th, 2021 (taking applications through February 2022)
- Phone Interview Phase: November 1st (scheduling phone interviews through January 2022)
- Potential Offer Submission to Candidates: Within 3 weeks of scheduled phone interview
- Final Hiring Decision Cut-Off: February 2022 (end of the month)
Do you have a sense of adventure? Explore a career in Aftersales and find what inspires you! If you are customer driven, interested in the Heavy Truck and School Bus industry or want to build your skills by working with a dynamic group of industry professionals who are passionate about International Trucks and IC Buses – this is where your journey to being a full-time employee can begin!
Each intern is thoughtfully placed into one of the following Functional Areas (this list can vary based on project):
- Product Management
- Parts Distribution Operations
- Product Support
- Service and Warranty
- Total Cost of Ownership
- Aftersales Business Center (Customer Support)
Our Intern Structure:
- Complete multiple Intern projects (at least 1 major project) and collaborate with assigned teams on a variety of activities within the Aftersales organization.
- Interns will have the opportunity to meet on a regular basis, regardless of which functional area he or she is working in to get a wholesome experience.
Potential Project Areas:
- Grow parts revenue, build profitable sales through developing new marketing programs and supporting new product launches
- Work with the National Accounts team and develop bids, pricing analysis and contribute to strategic initiatives to expand customer reach
- Build skills in parts and service technology team by working on major projects like e-commerce, i360 customer/dealer portal, repair estimating and guided diagnostic systems
- Gain hands-on experience working with new trucks and buses; contribute to improving serviceability and product support materials
- Be part of a continuous improvement team supporting Navistar’s service network and play a role in corporate strategic programs such as Vision 2025 & Navistar 4.0