You know us as the food and beverage company behind a lot of your favorites like Stouffer’s, Nesquik, Toll House, and DiGiorno as well as new discoveries like Sweet Earth and Chameleon Cold-Brew coffee. Across our organization, we’re building a workplace where teamwork is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is encouraged, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day!
At Nestlé, we pride ourselves in providing opportunities that prepare employees for the ever-changing business world. As the largest Nutrition, Health and Wellness Company in the world, we offer an environment that is diverse, challenging and supportive, including hands-on experience and real-world responsibilities that would serve as the springboard for a successful career. Come join our hardworking extraordinary team and thrive in a dynamic and supportive culture.
Job locations available nationally.
What to Expect
The Field Sales Representative role is an entry level position responsible for driving sales within a defined territory. Our Field Sales Representatives sell Nestlé products to the company’s retail partners and are successful by developing relationships with store managers/personnel, leveraging data to influence sales and can adapt to different scenarios and personalities. This is achieved with a focus on delivering the overall value of retail (VOR) to include sales, displays, new items and core distribution. Activities center on wall-to-wall sales coverage of Nestlé items, including systemic problem solving related to out of stocks, new item speed to shelf, share of shelf, price compliance, and promotion selling. If some of these terms seem a bit foreign, that’s quite alright! We have a robust training plan to ensure our newest Field Sales Representatives have the necessary tools and resources to contribute in a meaningful way. Entrepreneurial minds will enjoy having a leadership opportunity in which they can make an impact, participate in business planning and identify ways to exceed our client’s objectives.
As a part of the Nestlé Retail Sales organization, you will report to a Field Sales Manager and have an opportunity to have classroom, virtual, and functional trainings. Activities include but are not limited to new hire on-boarding, peer and virtual work withs, in-store and classroom instruction/demonstrations and so forth. Your manager will work closely with you and provide ongoing feedback as well as during formal 30/60/90-day touch points.
Wondering what your work week will look like in the field?
Selling Incremental Volume (55% of the time)
• Sell incremental volume for display and obtain maximum support for promoted products.
• Sell promotional surveys for displays.
• Sell additional products based on opportunities observed.
• Collaborates with targeted store-level/district-level retail operations personnel to create and execute business reviews that drive volume.
• Leads expenditure of financial resources in a fiscally responsible manner.
Selling Improved Store Pricing (10% of the time)
• Ensures compliance to pricing guidelines at retail level.
• Reports competitive price changes and promotional support and resolves competitive pricing issues.
Selling Improved Inventory and Retail Shelf Conditions (20% of the time)
• Identify and correct voids.
• Ensure new items are available.
• Merchandise products to obtain schematic compliance.
• Pack out shelves, rotate products, handle unsellable product.
• Resolve systemic problems related to out-of-stocks and voids.
• Monitors shelf to ensure share of shelf.
Communications with Store Personnel (15% of the time)
• Develops and maintains proper relations with department/store level personnel within territory in order maximize sales results.
• Communicates market insights from the retail level to management.
- Bachelor’s Degree conferred by June 2021
- Majors in Business Administration, Communications, Marketing, Sales Management, Data or Business Analytics, Agricultural Business
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
Professional & Leadership Requirements:
- Previous Sales Co-Op/Internship or other practical experience in Retail industry preferred
- Valid Driver’s license required; if offered a position, driving record must meet company Motor Vehicle Policy
- Leadership in an extra-curricular activity or organization
- Operate a motor vehicle
- Able to bend, lift, open and move product weighing up to 30 pounds up to 50% of the time.
Knowledge & Skills
- Possess excellent analytical skills and ability to utilize basic Excel functions
- Intermediate to advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to design comprehensive presentations in PowerPoint
- Willingness to embrace change and learn quickly in a fast-paced, complex environment
- Comfortable working in independent and team settings
- Dedicated support from Nestlé managers and team members across Learning & Organizational Development and Recruiting.
- Opportunity to network with various divisions and employees across the company.
- Work with an influential industry leader in consumer packaged goods (Fortune Magazine).
- Access to company vehicle (includes fuel, insurance and maintenance).
- Volunteer in a community service opportunity with one of Nestlé’s Share Valued Organizations (e.g. Boys & Girls Club of America & Nestlé Adopt-A-School Program)
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.