We’re forward-thinking technology people with heart. We make our own rules, drive our own opportunities, and try to approach every challenge with fresh eyes. Of course, we can’t do it alone. We know when to ask for help, collaborate with others, and partner with smart people. We embrace diversity and openness because it’s in our DNA. We push limits and reward great ideas. What is your great idea?
NetApp is a Fortune 500 company that believes in the transformative power of data – to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for simplicity, focused on data protection, and open to enriching customer solutions for on premise and/or cloud environments. We’ve built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world – to simplify and integrate data management across the resources that are best for the business. We bring enterprise-grade data services customers rely on into the cloud, and the simple flexibility of cloud into the data center. And we do it with industry-leading solutions that work across diverse environments and the world’s biggest hyper-scale cloud providers.
At NetApp, we fully embrace and advance a diverse, inclusive workforce with a culture of belonging that enables our employees to bring their whole selves to do their life’s best work.
Who do we look for?
Are you a continuous learner who wants to join an empowered team of forward-thinking, smart, dedicated technologists that approaches every problem with fresh eyes? If you answered yes, you may be who NetApp is looking for!
We recognize that not everyone fits neatly into any checklist, but below are some of the skills and experience we think will help make you successful in this role. If you don’t match everything on this list, but are excited about the opportunity and think you could contribute, we’d love to hear from you.
As an Intern within NetApp IT, you will work closely with a team that supports and enhances NetApp’s world-wide business processes and systems. You will be provided a short-term project to complete during your Internship. To ensure success, you will be paired with a mentor who will guide and assist you throughout the duration of the internship. Our intern work differs depending on the team and project work but some potential areas of focus and skill sets are-
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with IT systems (applications, servers, networking, etc.) or IT practices (operations, change control, release management)
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional and technical team members to support detadlines
- Ability to work independently
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understandinghow to ustilize these in a curstomer-facing environment.
- Multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Sense of urgency and determination to complete work
- Creative and analytical approach to problem solving
- Project experience in data analysis, statistical modeling and hypothesis testing
- Working knowledge of one or more statistical analysis tools or languages & related libraries/packages: R, Python, SPSS, SAS, etc.
- Knowledge and application of concepts important to Machine Learning: e.g., cross-validation, regularization, bootstrapping, etc.
- Experience with one or more business intelligence or data visualization tools (eg. shiny, plotly, Tableau, PowerBI, etc.)
NetApp’s approach to in-person and remote work will be a flexible hybrid model that emphasizes flexibility for employees and puts our talent first.
Must be enrolled in an educational or professional program through summer 2022 or later.