We’re forward-thinking technology people with heart. We make our own rules, drive our own opportunities, and try to approach every challenge with fresh eyes. Of course, we can’t do it alone. We know when to ask for help, collaborate with others, and partner with smart people. We embrace diversity and openness because it’s in our DNA. We push limits and reward great ideas. What is your great idea?
In a world full of generalists, NetApp is a specialist. We’re focused on one thing, helping your business get the most out of your data. NetApp brings the enterprise-grade data services you rely on into the cloud, and the simple flexibility of cloud into the data center. Our industry-leading solutions work across diverse customer environments and the world’s biggest public clouds.
As a cloud-led, data-centric software company, only NetApp can help build your unique data fabric, simplify and connect your cloud, and securely deliver the right data, services and applications to the right people—anytime, anywhere.
The NetApp Finance Emerging Talent Program is a unique opportunity for participants to work within a challenging and fast-paced environment, for one of the many functions within the NetApp Finance organization (Corporate Accounting & Controllership, Corporate Finance, Sales & Operational Finance, etc.). As a participant, you will initially be hired into a specific finance function, assigned a manager, and work as an integral member of that team. As a participant, over the course of your first 12 months you will rotate once annually into other roles within the Finance organization. This job rotation allows participants to maximize their exposure and impact across our finance organization, develop and master technical skills in multiple disciplines, all while getting the development, mentoring and networking they need to gain an edge. It is your chance to learn all about our finance organization alongside others who are just as driven as you. The program also offers participants opportunities to participate in valuable networking and social activities.
Specific responsibilities will vary based on the specific Finance function a participant is hired into. However, the basic role as a Financial Analyst typically includes the responsibility for a wide range of financial support and analysis tasks to help to ensure departmental objectives and project deadlines are met. The essential functions of the department may include:
- Prepare and drive operational and financial metrics in support of key decision making (forecasting, budgeting, variance analysis, cost analysis, product pricing, etc.)
- Gather, analyze, prepare and summarize recommendations for financial plans, trended future requirements and operating forecasts.
- Participate in projects related to financial systems or business processes.
- Participate in month/quarter-end accounting close activities.
- Support any regulatory/compliance audit or reporting requirements, as needed.
- May focus on an area of specialization.
We invest heavily in new talent. Your energy and fresh ideas are vital to cementing our position as a market-leader. We’ll push you beyond your comfort zone with a belief that no idea is off limits. At the same time, you’ll have all the resources, mentoring and feedback you need to grow. What’s more, whatever your role, you can be yourself in a team that celebrates individuality and welcomes different perspectives.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal communication skills as needed to work successfully with staff and managers within and outside of function.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and ability to work both independently and on cross functional teams.
- Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization, including remote areas.
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with competing priorities.
- Ability to work in a project based environment.
- Ability to follow standard accounting and finance practices, and departmental procedures and processes.
Strong Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
This is an entry-level position, typically having 0 – 3 years of relevant industry experience.