We’re forward-thinking technology people with heart. We make our own rules, drive our own opportunities, and try to approach every challenge with fresh eyes. Of course, we can’t do it alone. We know when to ask for help, collaborate with others, and partner with smart people. We embrace diversity and openness because it’s in our DNA. We push limits and reward great ideas. What is your great idea?
NetApp is a Fortune 500 company that believes in the transformative power of data – to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for simplicity, focused on data protection, and open to enriching customer solutions for on premise and/or cloud environments. We’ve built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world – to simplify and integrate data management across the resources that are best for the business. We bring enterprise-grade data services customers rely on into the cloud, and the simple flexibility of cloud into the data center. And we do it with industry-leading solutions that work across diverse environments and the world’s biggest hyper-scale cloud providers.
At NetApp, we fully embrace and advance a diverse, inclusive workforce with a culture of belonging that enables our employees to bring their whole selves to do their life’s best work.
Who do we look for?
Are you a continuous learner who wants to join an empowered team of forward-thinking, smart, dedicated technologists that approaches every problem with fresh eyes? If you answered yes, you may be who NetApp is looking for!
We recognize that not everyone fits neatly into any checklist, but below are some of the skills and experience we think will help make you successful in this role. If you don’t match everything on this list, but are excited about the opportunity and think you could contribute, we’d love to hear from you.
As a Software Engineer you would participate in product design, development, verification, troubleshooting, and delivery of a system or major subsystems. This position requires an individual to be creative, team-oriented, technology savvy, driven to produce results and demonstrates the ability to take a cross-team leadership role.
Some areas of scope within our Software Engineering organization are (but not limited to)-
Front End Development:
- Develop enterprise SaaS software using modular, reusable JS components and data visualizations
- Understanding of concepts related to computer architecture, data structures and algorithms and design patterns/practices
Back End Development:
- Understanding of Java, Python, C, and/or C++
- Participate in product design, development, verification, troubleshooting, and delivery of a system or major subsystems
- Projects, experiences, or coursework related to areas such as: Operating Systems, Computer Architecture, Multi-Threading, Data Structures & Algorithms
- Programming experience with Go, Python or other related languages
- Understanding of cloud technologies and orchestration frameworks like Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud computing (AWS, Azure, Gcloud)
- Knowledge of areas such as service-based architectures, continuous integration and resource management
Other helpful skillsets:
- Proven aptitude for learning new technologies
- Creative and analytical approach problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication is necessary for success
- Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of people
NetApp’s approach to in-person and remote work will be a flexible hybrid model that emphasizes flexibility for employees and puts our talent first.
This is an entry level position typically having 0 – 3 years of relevant industry experience.