We’re forward-thinking technology people with heart. We make our own rules, drive our own opportunities, and try to approach every challenge with fresh eyes. Of course, we can’t do it alone. We know when to ask for help, collaborate with others, and partner with smart people. We embrace diversity and openness because it’s in our DNA. We push limits and reward great ideas. What is your great idea?
In a world full of generalists, NetApp is a specialist. We’re focused on one thing, helping your business get the most out of your data. NetApp brings the enterprise-grade data services you rely on into the cloud, and the simple flexibility of cloud into the data center. Our industry-leading solutions work across diverse customer environments and the world’s biggest public clouds.
As a cloud-led, data-centric software company, only NetApp can help build your unique data fabric, simplify and connect your cloud, and securely deliver the right data, services and applications to the right people—anytime, anywhere.
The Sales, Support and Services (S3) Academy is a 2-year global development program for Early-In Career talent who aspire to become the next generation of NetApp Leaders, Sales Professionals and Technical Pioneers.
The S3 Academy focuses on helping top talent reach their full potential by providing an initial 90-day training program. The training immerses participants in the software, systems and cloud technologies that are helping shape the world today and tomorrow.
We invest heavily in new talent. Your energy and fresh ideas are vital to cementing our position as a market-leader. We’ll push you beyond your comfort zone with a belief that no idea is off limits. At the same time, you’ll have all the resources, mentoring and feedback you need to grow. What’s more, whatever your role, you can be yourself in a team that celebrates individuality and welcomes different perspectives.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal communication and customer service skills are needed in order to work successfully with customers in high stress and/or ambiguous situations.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer-facing environment.
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Basic understanding of the following protocols and applications:
-NFS, the UNIX remote file sharing protocol
-CIFS, the Windows NT remote file sharing protocol
-SAN connectivity methodologies for storage systems
-TCP/IP and Networking
- NetApp Storage System operating systems such as Data ONTAP or E-Series Operating System (EOS)
- NetApp solutions developed around specific applications involving E-Series and/or FAS storage systems
- The usage of tools, logs, and support tools needed to analyze system issues (such as perfstat, packet traces, ASUP logs, etc).
Responsibility and Interaction:
- The types of tasks this individual is responsible for are a mix of structured and unstructured tasks.
- This individual will apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving routine to moderately complex problems.
- This individual interacts primarily with Staff to Director level employees within the function, and the technical team on assigned projects. There may be communication with employees in other functions as required.
- General direction is provided on routine work, and detailed direction is provided on new projects and assignments; as well as on-going review of activities and priorities.
- The ideal candidate will be an important contributor or lead on team projects.
This is an entry-level position, typically having 0 – 3 years of relevant industry experience.