Netflix is the world’s leading streaming entertainment service with 200+ million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries, and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Netflix is reinventing entertainment from end to end. We are revolutionizing how shows and movies are produced, pushing technological boundaries to efficiently deliver streaming video at massive scale over the internet, and continuously improving and personalizing how content is presented around the globe.
Cloud Infrastructure Security (CIS) provides a blend of software development and operations expertise to optimize the security risk related to Netflix’s use of cloud service providers. We enable people to safely access the cloud by provisioning cloud resources securely, or detecting when there are security impacting misconfigurations and remediating them. We also actively identify vulnerabilities or incidents related to our use of cloud resources, and help with the security incident response for such cases
Who are you?
- Curious and motivated learner – a currently enrolled student pursuing a BS, MS, or PhD degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Statistics, or related field
- Clear communicator – you are concise and articulate in speech and writing
- Innovative and creative – a problem solver with the ability to come up with simple solutions to complex problems
- Adaptable – open to learning and trying new things
- Comfortable working with a programming language like Python or Java
- Have experience working in public clouds like AWS
- Experience or interest in security topics such as detection, exploitation, or cloud security
What will you learn?
- High-impact collaboration – work with the team to design, build, and deploy tools to help Netflix engineers do their jobs better and more securely
- How to balance velocity and security – use risk to help our tooling intelligently make security-conscious decisions while empowering developers to work at high speeds
- Ways to use AWS IAM, AWS Config, Access Advisor, CloudTrail, and other services to assess the security of an environment
- What it’s like to work on real, impactful projects like Repokid and ConsoleMe at Netflix scale
The Summer Internship
At Netflix, we offer a personalized experience for interns, and our aim is to offer an experience that mimics what it is like to actually work here. We match qualified interns with projects and groups based on interests and skill sets, and fully embed interns within those groups for the summer. Netflix is a unique place to work and we live by our values, so it’s worth learning more about our culture.
Internships are paid and are a minimum of 12 weeks, with a choice of a few fixed start dates in May or June to accommodate varying school calendars. Conditions permitting, our 2022 summer internships will be located either remotely, in our Los Gatos, CA office, or in our Los Angeles, CA office, depending on the team.
Netflix is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds stronger teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.