If you’re looking to use your high-energy, positive attitude and your critical thinking and problem solving skills in a competitive, fast-paced environment, a Sales or Account Management career at Group Benefit Solutions will allow you to do all this and more. With their assigned territory or block of business, Sales Reps and Account Executives cultivate relationships with insurance brokers, as well as current and prospective clients. In these roles, Sales Reps and Account Executives act as a consultative resource to offer New York Life Group Benefit Solutions products and services that will address any benefit concerns their brokers and/or clients may have.
This 8-week program, which runs from mid-June to early August, will expose you to what life as a Sales Rep or Account Executive will be like and is a great way to assess whether a career in Sales or Account Management is a good fit for you. As part of our internship program, you will have a direct impact on the business results of your assigned Regional Field Office while helping us deliver on a long-standing commitment of providing financial protection and peace of mind to the millions we serve.
Regional Field Office Locations:
· Boston, which is located at 76 Second Avenue in Needham, MA. The Boston Field Office is the Hub for our Northeast Region and is led by Steve Murphy, Regional Vice President and Andrea Carberry, Vice President of Client Management.
· Charlotte, NC, which is located at 5606 Carnegie Boulevard in Charlotte, NC. The Charlotte Field Office is one of the offices that make up the Mid-Atlantic Region, which is led by Adam Ressner, Regional Vice President and Dana Rooney, Vice President of Client Management.
· Kansas City, which is located at 7400 West 110th Street in Overland Park, KS. The Kansas City Field Office is the Hub for our Midwest Region and is led by Jim Stanfield, Regional Vice President and Colin Loris, Vice President of Client Management.
· Denver, which will be located in the Denver Tech area, which is about seven (7) miles from downtown. The Denver Field Office is the Hub for our Southwest Region and is led by Peter Krahn, Regional Vice President and Favvin Ayele, Vice President of Client Management.
What you’ll do:
As a Distribution Summer Intern with New York Life Group Benefits Solutions, you can expect to be involved in a variety of opportunities, including:
- Two weeks of Field Office assignments to learn the fundamentals of the Field Sales and Account Management roles and support the Regional business goals
- Routine speaker series hosted by New York Life Group Benefit Solutions leaders from a variety of Field and Home Office functions
- One-on-one mentorship with a local Account Executive, engagement opportunities with senior management, and other networking opportunities
- Rotational assignments with key Home Office business units to broaden your knowledge of the New York Life Group Benefit Solutions organization
- Collaborate with GBS interns from around the country on a summer long project that challenges your problem-solving, innovation, and collaboration skills
To join our team as a Summer Intern, you should have:
- Completed 3 years towards a Bachelor’s degree (rising senior) in Business, Economics, Risk Management or related fields
- 3.0 GPA or higher preferred
- Effective problem solving and influencing skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills, along with listening ability
- Exceptional work ethic, willing and eager to succeed – a proven self-starter
- Effectively collaborates, is a team player and builds relationships
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Goal oriented and career-minded
- Customer-centric mindset
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced sales environment
- An interest in pursuing a career in Sales or Account Management
- Proficiency with Microsoft office software, especially Microsoft Word and Excel