If you’re looking for a challenging, ever-changing career, you’ve come to the right place. The New York Life Group Benefit Solutions (NYLGBS) Sales Academy instills professional development and growth in sales and account management among new hire employees. Our training program will provide you with an in-depth understanding of what it takes to succeed in a Group Insurance Sales or Account Management role. Throughout this multi-week program, your classroom will include class training, structured field office development, self-study programs, mentoring and coaching. Upon completion, you will have the necessary tools to combat the versatility of the Group Insurance industry, understand its complexities and experience a fulfilling career.
Potential Office Locations (subject to change): Boston; Washington, DC; Atlanta; Columbus, OH; Kansas City; Denver; Los Angeles and/or San Francisco
What you’ll do:
- Establish, develop, and maintain relationships. Within your assigned market, you’ll be expected to cultivate relationships with insurance brokers, as well as current and prospective clients. Act as a resource to them by offering solutions to concerns they may have.
- Know your products. Promote the NYLGBS product suite and services by having an in-depth understanding of what we have to offer.
- Be a team player. Work closely with a variety of internal and external individuals to accomplish your goals, including your Regional Market Manager, Service Operations, Underwriting, Pricing, Product Solutions and Marketing. Communicate new product and service solutions, unique marketing initiatives, company updates and feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate company staff.
- Maintain organization. Prepare a variety of status reports, including activity, close ratios, follow-up and achievement of goals. Follow up on client leads and referrals resulting from field activity.
- What you need to do the job:
- Strong communication and presentation skills, along with listening ability
- Honest and respectful in all dealings with external constituents and internal partners
- Effective critical thinking, problem solving and influencing skills
- Exceptional work ethic, willing and eager to succeed – a proven self-starter
- A high degree of honesty and integrity
- Ability to work successfully in teams and individually
- Goal oriented and career-minded
- Exceptional customer service standards and delivery
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced sales environment
- Ability to prioritize projects and to handle multiple demands simultaneously
- Willing and able to relocate to another territory in the US
- Proficient in Microsoft Office