Gexa Energy/NextEra Energy Services is one of the fastest-growing retail energy providers, delivering innovative energy solutions with affordable electricity plans, including 100 percent renewable energy plans to more than 1.1 million residential and business customers throughout North America.
Position Specific Description
Gexa Energy is one of the fastest growing retail electric providers in the United States. We’re focused on Marketing 100% Green Electricity. We are proud to be a wholly-owned subsidiary of NextEra Energy Resources, one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power in the U.S. and an industry leader through its focus on clean and renewable energy.
This internship position within the Gexa Energy Commercial & Industrial Retail Operations Business Unit will focus on data analysis. The candidate will have exposure to a wide variety of business functions within operations including transaction management and billing in various markets. The internship will focus on providing analytical support to one or more key business functions.
Potential Opportunities Include:
- Support and improve upon customer billing, payment processing and exceptions management around these functions to ensure revenue assurance for the business operation is fulfilled accurately.
- Review and administer inbound and outbound transaction activity as it relates to contract fulfillment (enrollment validations, rate change validations and exception management).
- Liaise with utility partners on rate management and account inquiries.
Candidate must have excellent written and oral communication skills, along with proficiency with Microsoft Office. Advanced coursework in finance, accounting, information technology, or digital analytics is required. Strong excel and data analysis skills are a plus.
To be considered for an internship, you must be actively enrolled at a college or university as a full-time student seeking a bachelor’s degree or higher. You must also have a current cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher (on a 0.00 to 4.00 scale).
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists department with assigned projects
- Completes challenging projects and assignments
- Presents final project to senior leadership at the end of the internship
- Assumes responsibility for own travel, lodging, and transportation necessary to be available for the program
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High school grad / GED
- Maintain active enrollment in a Bachelor or higher degree program
- Maintain cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher