At NextEra Energy, being an intern means more than getting involved in the day-to-day business. NextEra Energy interns get exposure to multi-faceted projects and unique challenges in an innovative and diverse environment, while gaining professional experience.
Position Specific Description
This internship position resides in the marketing and communication business unit with the video production and broadcast team. This opportunity offers real-world, hands-on video production experience and mentoring in a creative environment within a corporate setting. In this position, the successful candidate will help develop concepts for and produce effective visual communications that help NextEra Energy meet strategic communication objectives. This includes developing engaging visual communications (video production, shooting, editing, graphics) that support campaigns to motivate, engage, inform and drive action among internal and external audiences.
As part of the video production and broadcast team, the intern will work with requesters to help identify visual approach, manage production workflow and produce content for various channels including intranet (internal employee audience), social media, media (news), conferences and other channels and venues, as needed. The successful candidate will also learn about webcasting technologies and how video production plays an integral role in supporting today’s virtual meeting/working environments and digital collaboration needs.
The position offers professional development through networking, department activities, staff meetings, leadership opportunities and exposure to a diverse and talented team that supports a culture of commitment to excellence, treating people with respect and doing the right thing.
The ideal candidate will be a student with a strong interest in visual strategy and communication, with the ability to create engaging content with a purpose. This candidate stays abreast of design trends and emerging technologies in the industry. This candidate also has strong knowledge of video production and computer / video editing equipment and software, with the ability to set and strike gear, and troubleshoot issues, when and if needed. This person is creative, reliable, organized and passionate about providing strategic visuals, while exceeding expectations.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Collaborate with the team manager and freelance/vendor team to produce video content and support pre-production and post-production activities
- Adhere to brand guidelines
- Utilize department project tracking system for project management
- Organize and manage multiple projects and tight deadlines
- Present intern project to senior leadership at the end of the internship
- Demonstrate ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, Photoshop) and working knowledge of After Effects
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Knowledge of field and studio production, including camera operations, lighting and sound
- Knowledge of photography is beneficial, but not required
- To be considered for an internship, you must be actively enrolled at a college or university as a full-time student seeking a bachelor’s degree or higher. You must also have a current cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher (on a 0.00 to 4.00 scale).
- Must show a compelling portfolio of editing and motion graphics design work that demonstrates creative thinking and attention to detail
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic team member open to feedback and collaboration
- Effective written communications
- Effective verbal communications
To be considered for an internship, you must be actively enrolled at a college or university as a full-time student seeking a bachelor’s degree or higher. You must also have a current cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher (on a 0.00 to 4.00 scale).
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists department with assigned projects
- Completes challenging projects and assignments
- Presents final project to senior leadership at the end of the internship
- Assumes responsibility for own travel, lodging, and transportation necessary to be available for the program
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High school grad / GED
- Maintain active enrollment in a Bachelor or higher degree program
- Maintain cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher