Norfolk Southern Corporation, a Fortune 500 company, seeks a talented TIBCO Platform Developer to join a cutting edge full-stack development team. Your new team designs and builds integration and enterprise services used by Norfolk Southern’s most critical applications. As a TIBCO Platform Developer, you will have a critical role in converting business requirements into functional software designs and patterns. You will bring the most innovative concepts to life to help us push the boundaries across emerging technologies and products. You work both independently and collaboratively in your projects, and will interface with members across the organization. You will use your experience to drive medium to large-sized tasks and projects while exercising considerable independent judgment and discretion.
Atlanta, GA (relocation assistance provided)
4-yr College Degree required in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Work in a full development life cycle of Complex Event Processing (CEP) and real-time systems including requirements definition.
- Design and maintain a full failsafe, robust enterprise service bus including fault Tolerance, load balancing handling heavy through put.
- Design and implement integration solutions which provide various capabilities like security, reliability, availability, serviceability, extensibility, usability and scalability.
- Implementing various integration design patterns like Publish/Subscribe, Request/Reply, SOAP web services and RESTful web services.
- Perform integration solution analysis and performance tuning on the BW/BE/EMS stack of applications.
- Create Design artifacts using UML tools and techniques.
- Design and implement of automated unit testing for BW 5.x and BW 6.x applications.
- Design and maintain integration and services with platforms and technologies such as TIBCO Streambase, TIBCO Data Virtualization, TIBCO BPM, SaaS applications (e.g. Saleforce), Big Data platforms (e.g. Hadoop, Kafka, Nifi) and Cassandra.
- Work with various stakeholders to understand and document Business Requirements, Functional and Non-Functional Requirements & Design specifications.
- Implement best practices by introducing various process documents and checklists to improve delivery excellence.
- Coaching and mentoring teams to achieve project goals/objectives.
- Experience in designing and developing EAI solutions using TIBCO Business Events, TIBCO Business Works, TIBCO Active Spaces, TIBCO EMS, TIBCO Adapter for Files, TIBCO Adapter for SAP, SOAP, REST/JSON Plugin.
- Experience with applications using messaging such as JMS, EMS, Kafka, MQTT, FTL, etc.
- Experience in Sizing and Capacity planning of integration systems for major project implementations.
- Experience in databases such as Cassandra, Oracle, MS SQL Server and DB2 to manage tables, views, indexes, sequences, stored procedures, functions, triggers and packages.
- Familiarity with infrastructure systems layouts (Security, servers, networking, firewalls, systems administration, load balancers, and unix/linux scripting skills) a plus.
- Understanding of API gateways, networks, firewalls, load balancers and concepts with the ability to provide requirements to infrastructure team as well as provide troubleshooting assistance.
- Working experience with UML and design patterns.
- Familiarity with designing multi-tiered Common Data Model Schemas using different namespace design approaches.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Strong ability to be a self-starter with proven skills in project documentation, tracking, reporting and stakeholder communication.