As an intern at Northern Trust you will have the opportunity to spend ten weeks working on meaningful projects, developing relevant skills to jumpstart your career while joining our inclusive and relational culture. You will work directly with your team on day-to-day tasks with weekly program events to work on new skills, network with senior leaders and socialize as an intern community. A recruiter will work with you to determine the best team placement given your interests, skill set and relevant experience.
- Ten weeks
- Location in Tempe, AZ
- Lunch & Learns with Executives
- Professional development workshops
- Social events
- Intern Case Challenge Project
- Day of Service
- Mentorship and networking opportunities
- Provide reporting and calculations on NAV (net asset value) for a Hedge Fund
- Validate effectiveness and provide guidance of business unit controls
- Monthly/quarterly financial reporting and analysis for assigned segment
Who we’re looking for:
- Expected graduation of December 2022 through Summer 2023
- Pursuing a degree in Finance, Accounting or related area
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Strong Communication and Analytical skills
- Technical skills vary based on team
- Applicants must not now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status to work in the United States
Sample Career Paths:
- Financial Controls/ Audit
- Investor/ Fund Accounting
- Corporate Finance RDP Associate (Chicago, IL)
- Financial Analyst
At Northern Trust, we place a huge value on “fit” – our clients, the services we provide, the technology we create, and most importantly, the people we hire.
As an applicant to an Early Career role, we want to get to know you – what you value, how you solve problems, what you aspire to, and whether we’re a good “fit” for your skills and career goals. To help us understand your “fit” for a role with us we ask you to complete a few stages:
Stage 1 – Online Application.
Click on Apply for Job and complete your online application where we ask you for personal information, academic history and check your eligibility.
Stage 2 – Career eNTry online assessment.
Take a brief online assessment so we can identify key skills and attributes important for working at Northern Trust.
Stage 3 – Interview.
If you are selected to move forward in the process for the role you have applied to, you will then be invited to participate in interview(s) where we will ask you some competency/behavioral based questions and give you an opportunity to ask us some questions.
Keep an eye on your email, including your spam folders. We also recommend adding NorthernTrust@invalidemail.com and Campusrecruiting@ntrs.com to your safe sender list so you do not miss important emails.