Under general supervision, the Analyst will be responsible for investment data management that will provide clients with the holistic data sets they need to fulfil their various stakeholder requirements. The Analyst will assist in researching solutions for data challenges for institutional clients.
• Acts as point of initial entry for all investment data. Includes entry of (but not limited to):
o Investment transactions (typically statement-based for alternative assets; file-based for public markets)
o Investment valuations (typically statement-based for alternative assets; file-based for public markets)
o Manager Estimates
o Plan Income / Expense Items
o Plan Contributions / Spending Withdrawals
o Underlying Manager Exposure Data
o Benchmark Data
A College or University degree, preferably in Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Economics or a related field
• Minimum of 1 year of industry experience in one or more of the following fields:
(Financial Services Internship is also acceptable)
o Alternative Asset Operations
o Performance Measurement
o Investment Accounting (analytics, reporting, etc.)
• Interest in pursuing: CFA, CAIA, CIPM, CPA, MBA.
• A genuine desire and capability to work in a fast-paced, professional, inclusive environment which requires teamwork, well-honed problem-solving skills, frequent re-prioritization, deadline management, ongoing and comprehensive communication, constant attention to detail, and a commitment to continuous improvement and best practices.
About Northern Trust
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience, our 18,800 partners serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a collaborative work culture that provides growth and opportunity along with financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to investing in and actively working to strengthen the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of a diverse workforce and embrace inclusion and diversity of culture, thought, and experience.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies.
• “Ranked #1, America’s Best Employers for Diversity” (Forbes Magazine, 2018)
• “A World’s Most Ethical Company” (Ethisphere Institute, 2017 – 4th Consecutive Year)
• “World’s Most Admired Companies” (Fortune Magazine, 2018 – 12th Consecutive Year)
Visit our Careers Site and Talent Network at northerntrustcareers.com
Like us on http://Facebook.com/NTcareers and Follow us on Twitter @NTcareers