Our Long Island/ New York City financial advisory firm seeks new financial advisors to join its growing and highly productive practice. We specialize in recruiting “career changers” – professionals who have experienced success in one industry and may feel capped where they are and open to translating their skillset elsewhere. No previous financial advising experience is required; we have a robust training and development program.
The ideal candidate has experience in sales, marketing or business development, is self-motivated, has strong interpersonal and communication skills, demonstrates a history of personal success, values professional independence, maintains a high standard of ethics, and shows interest in business, finance, or entrepreneurial ventures.
The Financial Advisor career with Northwestern Mutual allows one the opportunity to:
- Works with clients to develop holistic financial solutions that put their clients on a path to financial success using tools such as retirement planning, insurance and investment services, estate planning, business planning, education funding, and employee benefits.
- Have the flexibility and freedom to build their own practice while receiving support from our firm’s exceptional network of financial specialists, training and educational programs, and mentoring opportunities.
- Develop a career with a Fortune 100 Financial Services firm that not only provides outstanding self-determined income potential, but will more importantly provide the personal satisfaction of dramatically impacting the lives of others in a professional setting that emphasizes and values relationships and integrity.
- Opportunities for promotion and growth into leadership and management roles.
Desired Skills and Experience:
BA or BS degree from a four-year institution preferred. Candidate must be an accomplished communicator with strong verbal and written skills. Prior sales and/or business experience preferred. Candidate must also possess a history of personal and professional success. Prior financial services experience not required — extensive training platform provided.
While you help provide financial security to your clients, Northwestern Mutual is committed to offering its financial advisors a comprehensive compensation and benefits program which includes:
- Exceptional income potential plus, residual income
- Flexibility of your schedule – it is not necessary to come into the office daily, you determine your calendar
- Leadership Opportunities
- Sponsorship of Licensing/Credentialing – Life, Accident and Health, SIE, Series 7, Series 63
- Development Stipends
- Expense Allowance
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Retirement Package; Pension Plan
- Group Life and Disability Income Insurance
Average Financial Advisor compensation range:
Year 1 | $60,000 – $126,000
Year 3 | $103,000 – $202,000
Year 5 | $139,000 – $289,000
Year 10 | $234,000 – $490,000
ABOUT NORTHWESTERN MUTUAL:
Northwestern Mutual has been helping families and businesses achieve financial security for 160 years. Through a distinctive, whole-picture planning approach including both insurance and investments, we empower people to be financially confident. We combine the expertise of our financial professionals with a personalized digital experience and leading-edge technology to best serve our clients.
Recent Awards and Accolades:
- FORTUNE® 500 Rank: No. 102
- One of the “World’s Most Admired” life insurance companies (FORTUNE® Magazine, 2020)
- Best Places to Work #82 (Glassdoor, 2021)
- Highest Rated CEO’s (Glassdoor, 2017)
- 50 Best Companies for Diversity (Black Enterprise Magazine, 2016)
- 50 Best Companies to Sell For (Selling Power Magazine, 2016)
- Top 125 Training Program (Training Magazine, 2017)
- Unsurpassed Financial Strength Rating among US Life Insurance Companies
- TOP 10 Independent Broker Dealer (Financial Advisor Magazine and InvestmentNews)
With $290 billion in assets, $28.2 billion in revenues, and more than $1.9 trillion worth of life insurance protection in force, Northwestern Mutual delivers financial security to more than 4.6 million people who rely on us for life, disability income and long-term care insurance, annuities, brokerage and advisory services, trust services, and discretionary portfolio management solutions. The company holds more than $161 billion of client assets as a part of its wealth management and investment services.