Our Financial Advisory firm located in Melville, NY, is seeking new Financial Advisors to join our growing practice. Strong applicants will have exceptional interpersonal skills, a history of personal success, and a demonstrated interest in business, finance, and entrepreneurial mindset.
Financial Advisors with Northwestern Mutual provide expert guidance and innovative solutions for the planning needs of individuals and businesses in the areas of retirement planning, insurance and investment services, estate planning, business planning, education funding, and employee benefits. They strive to understand their clients’ goals and dreams in order to develop comprehensive financial solutions that will help their clients reach financial success Financial Advisors are given the flexibility to build their own practice while receiving support from our firm’s exceptional network of financial specialists, training and educational programs, and mentoring opportunities.
Choose a career where changing someone else’s life for the better is also life-changing for you – personally, professionally and financially.
CAN YOU SEE YOURSELF HELPING OTHERS REACH THEIR FINANCIAL GOALS?
Many people (50 percent) find their calling in financial services after working in other industries. Wondering if you’d be a good fit? See how many of the characteristics below match up to you:
- You know how to connect with people, building personal, trusted relationships.
- Financial planning is interesting to you.
- You’re a driven person who’s committed to succeeding.
- You’re ready to earn more for your hard work.
- You enjoy helping people make more informed, confident decisions.
- You’re ready to live the life you want, both personally and professionally.
We want people with different backgrounds and work experience, including but not limited to: financial services, business development, b2b, b2c, hospitality, banking, sales, marketing, management, educators, athletes, logistics, communications, real estate, entrepreneurs, military veterans, lawyers, attorney, brokers, and community influencers. We hope you have a Bachelor of Arts or Science degree from a four-year college or university. It’s also a plus if you have strong interpersonal skills, grit, motivation, and are a self-starter.
This career is primarily commission based but also includes stipends and bonuses. It allows you to control what you would want to earn at any given time in your career. To give you an idea, our financial professionals are making on average about $50,000 in their first year, and there is potential for much more.
AVERAGE ADVISOR COMPENSATION RANGE:
Year 1 | $52,000 – $106,000
Year 3 | $103,000 – $202,000
Year 5 |$139,000 – $289,000
Year 10 | $234,000 – $490,000
Year 15 | $341,000 – $790,000
Beyond income, you’ll also have access to a comprehensive benefits package:
- Comprehensive medical insurance
- Two company funded retirement plans including a pension
- Life and disability insurance
- Health care and dependent care reimbursement accounts
- Reimbursement for licensing and ongoing education.
ABOUT NORTHWESTERN MUTUAL:
Northwestern Mutual has been helping families and businesses achieve financial security for 160 years. Through a distinctive, whole-picture planning approach including both insurance and investments, we empower people to be financially confident. We combine the expertise of our financial professionals with a personalized digital experience and leading-edge technology to best serve our clients.
Recent Awards and Accolades:
- FORTUNE® 500 Rank: No. 111
- One of the “World’s Most Admired” life insurance companies (FORTUNE® Magazine, 2020)
- Best Places to Work #67 (Glassdoor, 2018)
- Highest Rated CEO’s (Glassdoor, 2017)
- 50 Best Companies for Diversity (Black Enterprise Magazine, 2016)
- 50 Best Companies to Sell For (Selling Power Magazine, 2016)
- Top 125 Training Program (Training Magazine, 2017)
- Unsurpassed Financial Strength Rating among US Life Insurance Companies
- TOP 10 Independent Broker Dealer (Financial Advisor Magazine and InvestmentNews)
With $290 billion in assets, $28.2 billion in revenues, and more than $1.9 trillion worth of life insurance protection in force, Northwestern Mutual delivers financial security to more than 4.6 million people who rely on us for life, disability income and long-term care insurance, annuities, brokerage and advisory services, trust services, and discretionary portfolio management solutions. The company holds more than $161 billion of client assets as a part of its wealth management and investment services.