TOP TEN INTERNSHIP PROGRAM 25 YEARS IN A ROW!
BECOME A PART OF THIS INCREDIBLE PROGRAM THIS SUMMER 2022.
Are you passionate about business? Are you looking to step into the world of finance? If so, join us at one of our 5 offices in the Long Island and NYC area – Melville, Garden City, Cedarhurst, Wall Street, and Harlem. Apply today!
Here at Northwestern Mutual, we have the mentorship and resources you need to jump-start your career! It’s part of what has made our program a TOP 10 INTERNSHIP for the past 25 years in a row.
An internship at Northwestern Mutual gives you valuable, real-world work experience to prepare you for a full-time career with us. You have the flexibility to pursue your studies while working, and you will be recognized and rewarded for your hard work both financially and through development opportunities. While you are able to run your own financial-advising practice as an intern, you will benefit from mentoring and joint work programs.
Prior to classroom training, we will prepare you to become licensed with your Life, Accident, and Health License. Following training, you will join our one of our 5 offices, working side-by-side with our existing financial advisors and staff. As a financial representative intern, you will meet with clients to find out their needs and goals, make recommendations for the appropriate insurance and investment products, and provide ongoing client service beyond the sale.
You’ll soon realize that this internship is like no other. Our interns have the opportunity to help clients achieve their financial goals while building their businesses and creating meaningful experiences along the way. Like your colleagues, you have access to the resources of Northwestern Mutual, including:
- Mentors and coaches who meet with you regularly to help evaluate and fine-tune your efforts for the greatest results.
- Trusted financial specialists and advisors to help you create customized solutions for your clients.
- World-class Northwestern Mutual products and services include; life insurance, disability income insurance, and education funding options, as well as retirement planning, estate planning, and investment options.
Specifically, you’ll practice our personalized approach to offering financial solutions tailored to each client’s individual needs. You’ll follow these guided steps in our process:
- Meet with Clients: You’ll set up appointments to discuss your clients’ current financial situation.
- Analyze the Client’s Situation: Through extensive fact-finding, you’ll uncover long-term goals that you will use to help determine your clients’ needs.
- Make Recommendations: After evaluating your client’s current situation and goals, you’ll determine what products can help fill their needs and present the appropriate solutions.
Provide Ongoing Service: You’ll continue to work with your clients beyond the close of the sale in the same way as financial representatives contact them twice per year to determine whether their needs have changed, and keep them aware of the resources available to them.
Who are we looking for?
- Full-time college students, juniors, and seniors preferred
- Students involved in on-campus activities including athletics, clubs, and professional organizations or community/philanthropic organizations.
- Individuals who are driven, entrepreneurial, self-motivated, great at building relationships and goal-oriented, and dedicated to personal and professional success
- Outgoing, positive and enthusiastic individuals who are very serious about their personal and professional growth
- We are open to students from all majors but prefer those enrolled in a business-related major
- Seeking students from all across Long Island! Melville isn’t our only office, we have additional offices in Cedarhurst, Garden City, Harlem, and the Financial District.
Why Intern at Northwestern Mutual?
Northwestern ranks #90 on Fortune’s 500, was named the “World’s Most Admired” life insurance by FORTUNE magazine, “Best Place to Launch a Career” by BusinessWeek, and recognized as one of the best places to work in America by Glassdoor.com.
Our access to strong professional networks, opportunities to build meaningful relationships, and the overall flexibility that we offer, make us the best place for any student to further advance in their career! We will help you build a schedule that balances your education and career, in a way you never thought was possible!
Come join us now!