January 2022 Internship Opportunity in Financial Services – remote/virtual option available for PARAMUS/BERGEN COUNTY students away at school! Don’t miss out!
It’s part of what has made the Northwestern Mutual internship program a TOP 10 INTERNSHIP for the past 25 years in a row.
An internship at Northwestern Mutual gives you valuable, real-world work experience to prepare you for a career at Northwestern Mutual or elsewhere, while building on your classroom learning. You have flexibility to pursue your studies while actually working, and you will be recognized and rewarded for your hard work both financially and through development opportunities. While you are able to run your own financial-advising practice as an intern, you won’t be alone. Training, mentors and role models will be there to guide you along the way.
Prior to classroom training, you will become licensed with your Life, Accident and Health License. Following training, you will be part of the team in our Paramus, NJ office, working side-by-side with our existing financial advisors and staff. As a financial representative intern, you will meet with clients to find out their needs and goals, make recommendations for the appropriate insurance and investment products, and provide ongoing client service beyond the sale.
You’ll find that the Northwestern Mutual internship is more than just an internship. It’s a truly meaningful experience that builds your business skills and helps clients achieve their hopes and dreams. With support from your network office, you’ll work for yourself, but never by yourself.
The hands-on intern experience includes partnering with financial advisors who show you how it’s done through mentoring and joint-work programs. Like your colleagues, you have access to the resources of Northwestern Mutual, including:
- Mentors and coaches who meet with you regularly to help evaluate and fine-tune your efforts for greatest results.
- Trusted financial specialists and advisors with technical know-how to help you create customized solutions for your clients.
- World-class Northwestern Mutual products and services including life insurance, disability income insurance and education funding options, as well as retirement planning, estate planning and investment options.
Specifically, you’ll practice the personalized approach we use to offer financial solutions tailored to each client’s individual needs. You’ll follow these key steps in our process, working independently with guidance from experienced colleagues:
- Meet with Clients: You’ll set up appointments to discuss your clients’ current financial situation.
- Analyze the Client’s Situation: Through extensive fact-finding, you’ll uncover long-term goals that you will use to help determine your client’s needs.
- Make Recommendations: After evaluating your client’s current situation and goals, you’ll determine what products can help fill their needs and present appropriate solutions to your client.
- Provide Ongoing Service: You’ll continue to work with your clients beyond the close of the sale. Most financial representatives contact their clients twice per year to determine whether their needs have changed, and keep them aware of the resources available to them.
Who are we looking for?
- Full-time college students, juniors and senior standing.
- Students involved on campus activities including athletics, clubs and professional organizations or community/philanthropic organizations.
- Individuals who are driven, entrepreneurial, self-motivated, great at building relationships and goal oriented and dedicated to personal and professional success
- Outgoing, positive and enthusiastic individuals who are very serious about their personal and professional growth
- Open to students in all majors
Why Intern at Northwestern Mutual?
Northwestern Mutual’ s internship program has been ranked as one of America’s Top internships for 25 consecutive years!
As a financial representative intern, you’ll have meaningful mentorships, access to strong professional networks, and immediate career opportunities with virtually unlimited earning potential. And it’s flexible too. You’ll have a schedule that lets you pursue your studies and rewards you for your hard work
Northwestern ranks #114 on Fortune’s 500, was named the “World’s Most Admired” life insurance by FORTUNE magazine, “Best Place to Launch a Career” by BusinessWeek, and recognized as one of the best places to work in America by Glassdoor.com.
Masks, remote options, sanitized offices and abiding by all COVID protocols