Virtual Selling Engineer
NXP Global Sales and Marketing (GSM) is the go-to-market organization for our business units. Within GSM, our technical sales and applications engineering employees are the perfect mix of skilled engineer and product enthusiast. They utilize extensive technical skills in selling NXP products, aid customers in crafting superior technical solutions, and build long-lasting customer relationships.
At NXP, we recognize the transition from college to technical sales/applications role requires further training and support to ensure a strong start to your career! We will leverage your interest and internship or project experience in the areas of Microcontrollers, Applications Processors, Wireless, or Security, and help you prepare to excel at Sales and Applications engineering.
Our Technical Sales and Applications Program (TSAP) provides participants 9-12 months of structured training and hands-on experience for their upcoming role as a Technical Sales Engineer (TSE) or Field Applications Engineering (FAE) role. The program includes structured course work in the area of business and technical fundamentals to ensure your successful development. As a Virtual Selling Engineer (VSE) you will have first-hand experience connecting with customers remotely to put your newly developed skills into action! A virtual selling engineer is a technical resource offered by NXP to help customers identify the ideal technical solution for their business challenges.
Initially, this role will be based at a central location in the U.S. (San Jose or Austin), and upon completion of the program, you will be deployed to a US location deemed critical based on NXP business need. Locations include San Jose, Irvine, San Diego, Seattle, Minneapolis, Chicago, Boston, Austin or other remote locations in the US. The final location for each role will be determined based on NXP business needs. All roles will be based in the USA and positioned best to support the customer base.
Once you are deployed to the field as Technical Sales Engineer (TSE) or a Field Applications Engineer (FAE), you will be responsible for the following critical functions:
Technical Sales Engineer (TSE)
- The TSE is our field leader for the extended NXP team – the captain of our team. All of our business and technical strategies, customer communications (to/from), and overall actions, results with the customer are led and owned by the TSE role. As such, the TSE position requires people who aspire to be leaders for the organization.
- You will have complete ownership of NXP’s relationship for a set of focused accounts or territory where you will be responsible for supporting these customers in their technical and business objectives.
- Your goals will be focused on identifying new projects and crafting new solutions using NXP products to solve the customers challenges. You will be responsible for building trustworthy relationships with your customers by offering real-time business and technical support to their needs. Real time support and offering value based solutions to customer problems will ultimately lead you to contributing to our collective goal of growing NXP’s revenue within these accounts/regions.
Field Applications Engineer (FAE)
- The FAE is our field specialist for critical technology functions – the experts! The FAE role is designed to partner with TSE to provide the customer additional technical guidance on NXP solutions and when necessary – hands on technical support.
- The FAE role specializes in a critical technology category such as Microcontrollers, Applications Processors, Wireless, Security, or Security. The FAE team will develop a tight relationship with the business line for their critical technology focal areas as a means of extra technical guidance and support.
- FAEs aid the field team in the identification of new projects at their customers and work with the TSE to propose a value based technical solution to their customer’s needs. The FAE also focuses on building trustworthy relationships with the customer by offering real-time technical support. Through offering real-time, trustworthy technical support to our customers – you will be directly contributing to NXP’s overall goal to grow revenue at your accounts/territory!
- BS or MS in Electrical or Computer Engineering, or Computer Science (other technical degrees may also be considered, but fundamentals of EE and/or CS must be demonstrated)
- GPA < 3.0
- Internship in embedded processing, analog, wireless communications, security, software desired. Strong project work in these fields can be considered as well.
- Passion for building business skillset while also furthering your technical expertise.
- Passion to win, enthusiastic and self-motivated personality
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent time-management, problem-solving, communication and organization skills