Job Title: Actuarial Consultant
Department: Actuarial Services
Location: 307 N Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL
About Old Republic:
Old Republic International Corporation traces its beginnings back to 1923. Old Republic is one of America’s 50 largest shareholder-owned insurance businesses and currently ranks among the Fortune 500 list of the Nation’s biggest companies. Old Republic is primarily a commercial lines underwriter serving the insurance needs of a large number of organizations, including many of America’s leading industrial and financial services institutions.
Located on Michigan Avenue, in the heart of downtown Chicago (“The Loop”), the Old Republic Building (Headquarters) is close to several public transportation lines and parking locations.
Actuarial Consultant Responsibilities:
This is an excellent opportunity to join a high-performing Actuarial department within a reputable organization located in one of Chicago’s most recognizable and desirable neighborhoods along the “Magnificent Mile”. This new position is within the ORAMCO actuarial team. The successful candidate will be responsible for preparing pricing analyses and reserve analyses for a variety of property-casualty commercial lines. The candidate will work primarily in support of the ORRM large account and alternative risk group. This position will temporarily have some flexibility to work remotely due to COVID-19 on a 3 days in office, 2 days remote flexible schedule.
Actuarial Consultant duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Complete pricing and reserving projects in a high production environment
- Perform quality reviews of other consultants’ work
- Communicate with internal and external clients. Maintain good rapport, promptly responding to inquiries and requests as well as communicating results of analyses.
- Prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Analyze historical loss reports for major trends/development in company data
- Assist in maintaining and updating existing pricing models and development of new pricing models/tools as needed
- Familiarization with various internal and external data sources
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
- 0-2 years’ experience in property-casualty commercial lines
- Successful completion of at least two actuarial exams
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical abilities
- Strong planning, organization, and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills on multiple platforms and customer service skills including ability to effectively present results to non-actuaries
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Excel
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Successful completion of an actuarial or business internship preferred
Old Republic International “ORI” is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ORI provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.