Here at ON Semiconductor we take great pride in our internship program and the efforts we take to provide students with hands-on industry experience. We provide competitive pay, medical benefits, various networking event opportunities, and flexible hours based on school schedule.
ON Semiconductor’s Global Supply Chain Organization is offering students the opportunity to be an intern within its Global Sourcing and Procurement team. Here you will have the opportunity to understand our operation which is responsible for $3.7 Billion USD in annual spend, contributing by supporting existing processes and making recommendations for improvement. This opportunity is located at our Headquarters (Phoenix, AZ, USA) and it will give you the opportunity to work with other functional teams and network while you are an ON Semiconductor member.
This opportunity will ask a student to have the following performance objectives:
- Gather market information and create a comprehensive view of various commodities, supporting sourcing management in strategy generation and implementation
- Support sourcing managers with miscellaneous actions not limited to new item quotation, PO entry/revision, request for information/quotation
- Review spend, consumption and forecast data on commodities with the ultimate goal of identifying trends and opportunities for cost reduction and improved supplier performance and management
- Review existing processes and procedures and make proposals for change; work with sponsor sourcing manager(s) to get stakeholders on buy-in and help with implementation
In order to be considered for an internship, you must be a student currently enrolled in school pursuing an accredited degree program. This position is looking for the individual to possess the following attributes:
- Enrolled in undergraduate degree at a minimum, preferably in Business or Supply Chain Management
- Willing to work with multidisciplinary and remote teams (ex. leverage email and teleconferences)
- Proven analytical skills, ideally with negotiation experience
- Inquisitive and willing to self-learn and make recommendations for process improvements
- Must be a local candidate
- Must be able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week (no telecommuting option available, but will work around school schedule)
- Must be US Citizen, Permanent Resident Alien or proper work visa
ON Semiconductor (Nasdaq: ON) is driving energy efficient innovations, empowering customers to reduce global energy use. The company is a leading supplier of semiconductor-based solutions, offering a comprehensive portfolio of energy efficient power and signal management, logic, standard and custom devices. The company’s products help engineers solve their unique design challenges in automotive, communications, computing, consumer, industrial, medical and military/aerospace applications. ON Semiconductor operates a responsive, reliable, world-class supply chain and quality program, and a network of manufacturing facilities, sales offices and design centers in key markets throughout North America, Europe and the Asia Pacific regions.