OnPoint is currently looking for a Research Analyst for immediate hire. Our Research Analysts perform market research, data analysis, programming and visualization, economic and statistical analysis, and document research. Their work becomes an important element in our expert reports submitted in high profile litigation. Research Analysts also assist in preparing our testifying experts for depositions, hearings, arbitrations, and trials.
Base salary is competitive with a large bonus potential. Our robust benefits package currently includes, but is not limited to, medical and dental benefits, retirement savings account contributions (Simple IRA), life and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending account.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Researching, analyzing, and summarizing market and industry trends
- Analyzing market, company and demographic data to develop economic arguments
- Applying statistical and econometric methods to financial and economic data
- Performing graphical and data analysis
- Writing computer code in statistical packages to standardize and manipulate complex proprietary datasets produced by parties to litigation
- Presenting results in a clear and articulate manner suitable for both a lay audience and opposing experts
- Drafting sections of expert reports and summarizing academic literature
- Preparing trial exhibits and slide-decks for expert testimony
This position requires at least a bachelor’s degree in economics, statistics, finance, or applied mathematics. Previous experience in a consulting environment is a plus but is not required. In addition, candidates should possess:
- Strong written and oral communication skills; writing is a key part of the job
- Strong competence with math, economics and statistics
- Thorough knowledge of Excel, including graphing, pivot table, and lookup functions
- General coding ability and experience working with data
- Basic working knowledge of STATA; some knowledge of SAS or R is also helpful
- Experience with library and online research, including academic literature searches
Extreme attention to detail and the ability to develop answers to difficult questions using sometimes limited information are a must. We frequently work under tight deadlines, so commitment, a high energy level and a good sense of humor are important.