The onsemi global communications team has an opening for a Public Relations Specialist. The Public Relations Specialist will be located in Phoenix, AZ and is a member of the Global Marketing department. As part of our team, you will be responsible for supporting the onsemi vision by telling stories about how onsemi drives technology breakthroughs that deliver on the promise of a sustainable future.
The Public Relations Specialist is responsible for coordinating and executing PR plans in supporting the Public Relations Manager, working closely with internal and marketing communications teams, the social media specialist as well as other cross-functional teams in a B2B environment. This role will be instrumental in increasing our story-telling to technical, financial and business audiences as well as increasing visibility for the onsemi brand. We are looking for someone who thrives on managing the daily routines while thinking outside the box when it comes to the onsemi PR strategy.
- Develop and implement integrated PR campaigns; including working with the agency, subject matter experts, marketing communications; writing and editing of content; and media relations.
- Arrange, facilitate and manage media and analyst briefings with key company spokespeople.
- Draft and edit communications materials such as news releases, blog posts, and other external communication.
- Brainstorm and storyboard external speeches for internal and external use.
- Work closely with the marketing and internal communications team.
- Responsible for managing localized outreach efforts and work closely with local site general managers, and site leads to develop proactive employee engagement campaigns surrounding community relations activities.
- Work with PR measurement software to gather and analyze PR data in order to develop and adjust PR tactics.
- Proactively monitor current national and industry events, trends, and emerging issues that impact the company’s opportunities and strategies and independently identifies media outreach opportunities for the company.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with trade and local news media.
- Support Public Relations Manager in crisis communication planning and business continuity.
- Collaborate with the Social Media Specialist to build communication thought leadership campaigns and executive persona program.
- Establish and assure adherence to budgets, schedules and communications strategy.
- Assists in planning and executing corporate events and trade shows related to PR activity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or related discipline
- 3 plus years of public relations experience
- Self-starter with strong written and verbal communications skills
- Experience in B2B public relations
- Shows passion for technical topics and continued learning
Confident to present innovative ideas
onsemi (Nasdaq: ON) is driving disruptive innovations to help build a better future. With a continued focus on the automotive and industrial end-markets, onsemi is accelerating change and driving disruptive innovation towards a sustainable ecosystem in high-growth megatrends such as vehicle electrification, advanced safety, alternative energy and factory automation. With a highly differentiated and innovative product portfolio, onsemi creates intelligent power and sensing technologies that solve the world’s most complex challenges and leads the way in creating a safer, cleaner, and smarter world. Today, the industrial and automotive end-markets are responsible for two-thirds of global greenhouse gas emissions, providing an immense opportunity for onsemi to do its part in achieving a net-zero economy with its intelligent power and sensing technologies. Climate change presents not only a risk to the environment, but also opportunities for innovative business solutions, and onsemi is committed to applying its research and design expertise and adapting its own operations to achieve net-zero emissions by 2040.
Equal Employment Opportunity
onsemi is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. The Company maintains policies and practices that are designed to prevent discrimination or harassment against any qualified applicant or employee to the extent prohibited by federal, state and local laws and regulations. By way of example, discrimination on the basis of race (actual or perceived), ethnicity, color, religion (including any terms or conditions that would require a person to violate or forgo a sincerely held practice of their religion, unless it causes a bona fide undue hardship on the conduct of business), ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information (including test results), status as a protected veteran, uniform service member status or discharge status, political affiliation, union membership, gender identity or gender expression, certain arrest or criminal history records, homelessness, use of lawful products outside of work during nonworking hours, protective order status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law is prohibited.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact US.HR@onsemi.com for assistance.
Please visit https://bit.ly/ApplicantPosters to review your rights as an applicant: EEO is the Law, Employee Polygraph Protection Act, Your Rights Under USERRA, Employee Rights Under the Family Medical Leave Act, EEO is the Law Poster Supplement/Pay Transparency Policy Statement, and Right to Work/E-Verify Poster.