VFX / FINISH ASSISTANT
Location: Chicago, IL
Optimus is looking for a VFX / Finish Assistant to support the needs of our busy Finish Team. The Finish Assistant will collaborate with and work alongside Effects & Finish artists and designers, and foster close communication with post producers and other post artists regarding project workflow, schedule and other priorities. The Finish Assistant will report to the Operations Manager.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, providing hands-on technical, creative and project management support to Finish artists and designers on all manner of creative projects, primarily for agency/brand clients. Postings and commercial releases are a crucial part of the job, as well as client service and rapport. Will receive technical training from the Operations Manager and Senior Assistant.
Finish Assistant must:
- Be able to adapt to change and learn quickly.
- Be able to work within tight deadlines.
- Be able to communicate effectively with all of our production and post teams.
- Be able to give accurate time/workload estimates on a per project basis to producers.
- Be comfortable working with clients in person.
- Be detail-oriented with the many technical and aesthetic facets of a project.
- Be able to juggle multiple projects at once.
- Be able to manage time and prioritize tasks.
- Be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite / After Effects. Knowledge of Flame helpful.
- Be able to work independently, as well as within the team environment.
- Have compositing skills and be able to do roto work.
- Have strong organizational skills.
- Have the flexibility to work overtime hours.
Preferably applicants will have some professional experience working within a commercial post-production facility. Proficiency in Adobe Premiere, Photoshop and After Effects are a must, and familiarity with other compositing and animation software packages a plus. The ideal applicant should already have working knowledge of VFX workflow and a reel with compositing, animation, or CG work to show.
College degree preferred, with a focus on such studies as film, editing, video production, media, graphic design, animation, etc. Candidates should be detail-oriented with strong communication skills, a positive attitude, and possess a desire to learn and grow in the commercial post-production industry. The ability to multi-task, to deliver under pressure and to work collaboratively within a team are also key attributes.
This position is ultimately a non-exempt (inclusive of overtime) staff position with full company benefits. The position will start with a training period, either in-person or remote, and become mostly in-person when it is deemed safe to return to office work per company policy.
Optimus is a leading commercial post-production company based in Chicago that represents a diverse team of award-winning editors, artists, designers and engineers, and that delivers top-notch commercial work and branded content. Together with production division One at Optimus, we offer all production services from shoot through post, under one roof – a singular, streamlined creative force.
Please send your cover letter, resume, and a link to your reel to email@example.com
Optimus and One at Optimus are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.