As a GPSC Intern for the summer of 2021 you have the opportunity to assist with multiple levels of logistics and supply chain operations within the corporation including trade compliance.
As a GPSC Intern your assignment may include:
- Analysis of inbound material, service part & finished vehicle delivery requirements with the purpose of creating a managed structure for material delivery
- Establish/create appropriate routing instructions for current and future suppliers.
- Identify conveyance utilization inefficiencies, opportunities for consolidation of freight and general cost reductions with improved material flow. Once identified will be responsible for identifying potential solutions and implementation.
- Participate with logistics sourcing teams in the development of requirements, quote packages, data gathering, site surveys, evaluation and analysis of bid packages
- Responsible for flow of material from the North American supplier community into North American OTC locations.
- Educate, enforce and implement strategies relating to the effective use of assigned ship days and assigned modes of transport by value stream with OTC plants and suppliers.
- Develop and document processes and procedures concerned with North American material flow.
- Monitor routing/contract compliance of logistics service providers and conformance to same by OTC manufacturing plants and suppliers.
- Develop and manage non-compliance reporting.
- Understanding of customs events and the application of Intercoms.
- Work with Purchasing and Engineering personnel to determine the accurate classification of US imported merchandise.
- High School Diploma or equivalent working towards an undergraduate or graduate degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Business or related field.
- Computer literacy including knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while working independently and efficiently.
- Ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to function in a small team environment, must be a contributor and know when to attain consensus.
- Student in a Sophomore standing or greater
- Willing to travel or relocate to a Oshkosh, WI location for the duration of the summer 2021 internship. Remote assignments will be considered.