Operations Rising Leaders Program
At Otis, we’re dedicated to reinventing the way people move. As cities reach impossible heights and the digital revolution transforms daily life, our customers are looking to Otis for new ways to keep their world moving. As always, we’re ready – with a bold vision of the future and the groundbreaking technology to make it happen.
The Operations Rising Leaders Program is an exciting rotational program for college graduates with a bachelor’s degree in various Operations, Environmental Sciences, and Engineering related majors. Rising Leaders complete three 8-month assignments in two years. Rotational assignments are primarily located in Farmington, CT; Bloomfield, CT; and Florence, SC; possible assignments at one of our field offices across the U.S. The Operations Rising Leaders Program is specifically designed to develop a pipeline of future people leaders for our Operations organization with rotation possibilities in Field Operations, Quality, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Global Operations Strategy & Clean Sheet, and Environmental Health & Safety (EHS).
Benefits for all U.S. Otis Employees:
- Otis Employee Scholar Program (ESP) – allows employees to pursue a college or graduate degree in a field related to the Otis business with 100% coverage for tuition, books, and fees after one year of employment. To learn more click here.
- Otis offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision and 401k benefits.
- Otis has over 50 global Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Momentum (African American), HOLA (Hispanic), Women in Technology, Otis Pride (LGBTQ+). To learn more click here.
Otis Rising Leaders Program Benefits
In addition to functional skills development, Rising Leaders will develop business and leadership skills with colleagues across all Otis Rising Leaders Program tracks. Rising Leaders will develop fundamentals in:
- Global, cross functional collaboration
- Business communication and influencing
- Executive presentation skills
- And more
Our Rising Leaders will enhance their strengths and develop new skills through:
- Meaningful projects that contribute to real business innovations, strategies, and goals
- Training including in-person and virtual workshops, eLearning, and hands-on experiences
- Networking opportunities with alumni, leadership, and fellow colleagues
- Working with Senior level mentors
- Insight into the business through site tours, Executive Lunch and Learns and other activities
Required experience and qualifications:
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree between December 2021 and May 2022 from an accredited university in an Operations related major: Operations Management, Supply Chain, Occupational Health and Safety Management, Environmental, Health & Safety, Construction Management, Industrial Engineering, Civil Engineering, and related Engineering majors
- A minimum of one internship or co-op experience
- Less than one year of professional work experience prior to joining the program in June 2022 (excluding internships & co-op as professional work experience)
- Must be willing and able to travel and relocate for rotational assignments within the U.S.
- Must have permanent work authorization for the U.S. Otis will not provide visa sponsorship for the program now nor in the future.
Skills for a successful Operations Rising Leaders Program associate:
- Analytical problem solver
- Adapts quickly to change
- Flexible when working in ambiguity
- Strong time management and communication skills
Otis is the world’s largest elevator and escalator manufacturing, installation, and service business. We serve customers in over 200 countries and territories around the world and maintain more than 2 million elevators and escalators globally. Our Gen2® elevator system, energy-saving ReGen™ drive technology and Link escalator solutions have set industry standards for innovation and performance.
Otis has more than 69,000 employees, including engineers, Operations experts, sales, and functional specialists, as well as factory and field technicians. We are proud to be a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving, high-performance company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies, and cultures to better serve our customers. So just imagine where you can take your career!
Otis is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.