PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture, and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, negotiate the requirements for the industry’s most dynamic vehicles, or build our excellent products and services, you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
This position will play an active role on the PACCAR Microchip Task Force and will negotiate and manage all aspects of PACCAR’s direct procurement of microchips from manufacturers and brokers, including supplier and chip research, supplier and part setup, cost review, and establishment of delivery schedules to PACCAR’s Tier 1 suppliers. This role will interact closely with global procurement colleagues, engineering, materials, and suppliers. Commodity Managers are change agents, focused on delivering the highest value to internal and external customers at the lowest total cost.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Develop, negotiate, and implement microchip strategies resulting in improved supply chain performance.
- Investigate and implement new microchip sourcing alternatives to ensure supply continuity.
- Coordinate with PACCAR Purchasing, Materials, Logistics, and Operations teams to successfully develop and execute microchip supply strategies
- Conduct meetings and formal presentations with suppliers, microchip OEM’s, Purchasing, and PACCAR leadership at all levels.
- Travel to supplier locations to evaluate capabilities, assess production readiness, investigate new opportunities, and resolve chronic supply issues.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in purchasing, supply chain, engineering, materials, or related PACCAR experience
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Creative, quality and results-driven work ethic
- Proven negotiation and strong analytical skills
- Strong PC skills (Excel, Word, Access, & PowerPoint)
- Project team participation and/or project management
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or related field required; MBA preferred
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability