Nationwide Opportunities- Please Read:
Just because this role looks like it’s located in Purchase, NY doesn’t mean it is! At PepsiCo we place Campus Interns primarily in the two headquarter locations: Plano, TX & Purchase, NY.
We are PepsiCo
PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader operating in more than 200 countries and territories with a product portfolio that includes 22 world-famous, billion-dollar brands. From Gatorade to Quaker, LIFEWTR to Lay’s, we make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world.
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to be the global leader in convenient foods and beverages by Winning with Purpose. “Winning with Purpose” reflects our ambition to win sustainably in the marketplace and embed purpose into all aspects of the business.
Our employees drive our culture. No two days are the same; we’re dynamic and full of passionate teams embracing new ideas through our collaborative spirit. At PepsiCo, what makes you unique, makes us better!
Many of the roles within the Global Procurement function have global accountabilities and develop global strategies through partnership with local teams and the sharing of best practices. The Global Procurement function is made up of the following five Procurement Centers of Excellence (COEs) and Market Supply Officer’s (MSO):
· The MSO’s are responsible for setting the agenda within the sector as it relates to the procurement for specific materials/ services across these businesses. In addition, they ensure successful interfaces with the Global COE Procurement teams to ensure delivery of productivity and commodity risk management. This function can span across a diverse portfolio of ingredients, packaging, goods and services, while also having responsibility for delivering quality, service, innovation and cash‐flow value and leading the local team within the sector.
· The Indirects & IT COE is responsible for sourcing all other goods and services required by PepsiCo to run our business. A few examples of these goods and services include logistics services which move our products out to the market and operational supplies to run the hundreds of PepsiCo factories around the world. Additionally, the team is responsible for sourcing professional services for several of PepsiCo’s corporate functions located in North America, including Human Resources, Corporate Communications and Finance. The IT COE is responsible for setting sourcing strategies and contracting IT goods and services and travel services globally. The Indirects COE works closely as a global team to leverage PepsiCo’s buying power at the highest level. The team works as a global team to deliver optimal value to the PepsiCo business teams.
· The Packaging COE is responsible for sourcing all of our brands packaging requirements around the world. Teams of procurement professionals are grouped into Centers of Excellence e.g. Cans COE. These teams have deep industry knowledge of the package types in their category of responsibility and are responsible for the sourcing strategy for that category.
· The Fruit & Vegetable (F&V) COE is responsible for procuring strategic fruit, juices and vegetables for PepsiCo’s businesses globally. Major buying categories include citrus, apple, and tropical and stone fruits. Key objectives include finding the most efficacious and cost-effective F&V ingredients to help fuel our rapid growth in our global nutrition products.
· The Grains, Sweeteners & Oils COE is responsible for procuring sweeteners (sugar/corn-based sweeteners/high intensity sweeteners), grains (corn/wheat/oats) and vegetable oils for PepsiCo across the food and beverage business globally. The COE has deep expertise in commodity risk management, productivity delivery, enabling innovation and growth as well as sustainable agro supply chains.
What you can expect:
A summer internship in Global Procurement at PepsiCo is an opportunity to independently solve a critical business problem. Each intern is presented with a timely question for their team and challenged to think strategically to provide a provocative and comprehensive recommendation during their final presentation. This structure mirrors the project-based work process of full-time employees. Although this process lends itself to great autonomy in setting agenda, workflow and output, interns have the full support and backing of their managers and the broader Global Procurement function. As a class, PepsiCo interns are availed of best-in-class exposure to senior leadership, education on the myriad pieces of the global PepsiCo organization, and opportunities to build relationships with fellow interns across PepsiCo.
Each intern in Global Procurement will be assigned to one of the above COEs and will:
· Develop comprehensive procurement strategies and programs that improve quality, productivity, sustainability and innovation
· Develop expertise in procurement fundamentals and categories
· Gain exposure to category contracts and supplier management
· Gather and analyze data to provide meaningful insights
· Work with cross-functional global teams on unique and focused project work
· Location can vary but (in most cases) GP internships will be in Plano, TX or Purchase, NY
Previous Global Procurement intern projects have included:
· Identify and develop an industry appropriate sustainability scheme to supplement our apple juice sourcing strategy. Assess all options align key stakeholders and make business recommendations.
· Develop a cost model to support the global film packaging transitions as part of the Performance with Purpose Healthy Oil Initiative.
· Develop a Global Procurement sourcing strategy to optimize small bag capability across our Frito Lay North American business.
· Develop a template to track supplier greenhouse gas reductions and benchmark across 20 rigid packaging suppliers.
Qualifications / Requirements
What we’re looking for:
· Currently pursuing a degree in: Finance, Economics, Operations, Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Agribusiness, or Agronomy (other related majors may be considered)
· Highly motivated self-starter
· Highly focused, analytical thinkers
· Cross-functional collaborators with strong communication and influence skills
· Proven people/project leadership throughout your career (academic or professional)
· Ability to work in an unstructured environment with the ability to make tradeoff decisions quickly
· Demonstrated ability to work in a results-oriented, challenging environment
· Effective coaching, facilitation, presentation, and team building skills
· Ability to give/receive constructive feedback
· Prior knowledge and/or experience with a consumer-packaged goods corporation is preferred
· Experience in procurement, strategic sourcing, operations, supply chain, or consulting is preferred
Minimum Qualifications – Each candidate is expected to:
· Graduate with Bachelor’s degree within one (1) year of internship completion
· Masters degree: Candidates should be completing at least their first year of studies
· This position is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.
For San Francisco and Los Angeles area applicants: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901-4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. Applicants with criminal histories are welcome to apply.
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement
How to apply:
To be considered for an interview, you must:
1. Complete an online application on our company website: