We are PepsiCo
PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader operating in more than 200 countries and territories with a product portfolio that includes 22 world-famous, billion-dollar brands. From Gatorade to Quaker, LIFEWTR to Lay’s, we make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world.
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to be the global leader in convenient foods and beverages by Winning with Purpose. “Winning with Purpose” reflects our ambition to win sustainably in the marketplace and embed purpose into all aspects of the business.
Our employees drive our culture. No two days are the same; we’re dynamic and full of passionate teams embracing new ideas through our collaborative spirit. At PepsiCo, what makes you unique, makes us better!
The summer internship is the first step of the Supply Chain Accounting/Finance Associate program which is a fast track training program for key accounting/finance positions within the PepsiCo Supply Chain organization.
Supply Chain Associate Program:
Successful program participants will have the skills and experiences to achieve a field Plant Controller or headquarters Financial Planning and Analysis Manager within 7-8 years. The entry point for this program is the Supply Chain Accounting/Finance Associate position which is part of a broader program which includes other operations and technical disciplines. The Supply Chain Accounting/Finance Associate will report directly to the Plant Controller and is expected to last approximately 18-24 months. Supply Chain Finance summer internship responsibilities include training and experience in a broad range of accounting, internal control, and financial planning activities including:
· Participate in 2-3 plant financial period closes related tasks
· Participate in physical inventory cycle counts
· Take ownership of a plant accounting responsibility for 6-8 weeks (Production Accounting, A/P, or Fixed assets, etc.)
Internal Control Testing:
· Complete Q3 –Periodic and Quarterly Sarbanes-Oxley control test
· Complete an Internal Audit self-assessment test
· Complete one or two projects analyzing costs, developing insights, and recommending corrective actions with guidance from subject matter experts as needed
· Present the results of the analysis at the local plant and also at the division HQ in Chicago along with Supply Chain Accounting/Finance Associate summer interns from other plants at an end of summer conference
Roles available in the following locations:
· Cedar Rapids, IA
· Bridgeview, IL
· Indianapolis, IN
· Bradenton, FL
· Mountain Top, PA
· Blue Ridge, VA
· Tolleson, AZ
· Dallas, TX
· Atlanta, GA
Qualifications / Requirements
What we’re looking for:
· Currently pursuing a degree in: Accounting and/or Finance (other related majors will be considered)
· Demonstrated interest in cost accounting and operations through coursework and/or previous internships
· Strong people/communication skills to manage information gathering requests
· Results oriented, able to complete assignments in a timely and accurate manner, and the ability to manage competing priorities
· Proficient in Excel and other Microsoft products
Minimum Qualifications – Each candidate is expected to:
· Graduate with Bachelor’s or Master’s degree within one (1) year of internship completion.
· This position is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States.
Demonstrated ability to effectively and concisely communicate with both business and technical audience
Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.
For San Francisco and Los Angeles area applicants: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901-4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. Applicants with criminal histories are welcome to apply.
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement
How to apply:
To be considered for an interview, you must:
1. Complete an online application on our company website: