Corporate & Institutional Banking Undergraduate Intern – Commercial & Corporate Banking
As a PNC Intern, you will participate in a “best-in-class” internship program. During this 10-week program, you will have the opportunity to gain exposure to a specific line of business, expand the tools you need to launch your career and complement your education with real-world job experience.
Corporate & Institutional Banking (C&IB) offers strategic insight and financial solutions for businesses, municipalities and nonprofits throughout the United States.
As a Commercial & Corporate Banking intern, your primary role will be to support experienced bankers in their engagement with PNC’s client base. The program enables interns to observe and explore advising, managing and servicing customer relationships in a variety of business segments, including:
• Commercial Banking (Serves and advises companies with annual revenues between $5 million and $50 million through a relationship-based approach)
• Middle Market (Serves and advises companies with annual revenues between $50 million and $1 billion through a relationship based approach)
• Large Corporate (Serves and advises companies with annual revenue in excess of $1 billion that usually are publicly traded or have access to debt capital markets)
• Diversified Industries Group (Serves and advises clients with industry expertise in utilities, oil & gas, metals & mining, chemicals, life sciences/pharma or food & beverage)
• Healthcare (Serves and advises healthcare related clients including acute care, academic medical centers, specialty care, long-term care, continuing care retirement communities or assisted living)
• Public Finance (Serves and advises local or major government entities, higher education institutions and not-for-profits)
• Equipment Finance (Develops customized leases or loans for a client’s various equipment acquisitions including aircraft, vehicles, railcars, machinery, material handling, technology, etc. for all of the various segments listed above)
• Credit Product Group (Structures loans, underwrites transactions, and manages a loan portfolio for all of the various segments listed above)
Geographic flexibility is important to your success in this program. Locations may include: Atlanta; Baltimore; Birmingham, AL; Charlotte; Chicago; Cincinnati; Cleveland; Columbus, OH; Dallas; Denver; East Brunswick, NJ; Ft. Lauderdale; Houston; Indianapolis; Louisville; Milwaukee; Philadelphia; Pittsburgh; Raleigh NC; Tampa; Troy, MI; and Washington, D.C. However, occasionally we have other locations available for summer interns throughout PNC’s geographic footprint.
Learn more about PNC’s Summer Internships by visiting www.pnc.jobs/students.
Participates as an intern in the PNC summer internship program.
• Supports the core activities of the client team and line of business by applying knowledge to drive business results (e.g., deal, sales, process support, internal or external customer
Campus Recruiting: External Posting Template – Internships
interaction, or supporting internal projects). Works under supervision and may have limited approval and/or exception authority.
• Participates in social learning within the organization (e.g., identifies and networks with business representatives and peers, participates in mentoring, job shadowing and community outreach).
• Participates in a structured program that includes some classroom learning and a case study.
Required Education and Experience:
• Working toward Bachelor’s Degree, preferred business relevant majors (e.g., Finance, Accounting, IT, Economics, Marketing, Mathematics, Statistics, HR, Management, Communications, Business Law, Psychology, Logistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Actuarial Sciences), sophomore or junior status, Minimum GPA 3.2.
PNC provides equal opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.